English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 24 September 2018, 21:45   #121
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeky View Post
yeah i know,

but i had a good laugh at your pic http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=11 and spotted a cheap one at ebay some days ago, so i couldn't resist
ROFL

...see how professional it looks, bet you can't spot the difference when compared with your "real" original?

Anyway, thank you kindly again for your efforts
Old 24 September 2018, 21:51   #122
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
So what's the deal with Damien and Mike the Magic Dragon? Now that Tweeky's shared an IPF of the UK version, will he wet his pants or something if I dump the U.S version?!
Nah, being from the same country as you my friend, I only really care about PAL games, as that's what I played back in the day

...but I'm sure a lot of NTSC members would appreciate this though
Old 24 September 2018, 22:09   #123
haynor666
retro maniac

Once again thanks guys, list updated with Bi-Fi-SnackZone_1811 (removed by accident from list).
Old 24 September 2018, 23:44   #124
BarryB
Amigaholic

Did Growth_864 ever get uploaded?

DrBong posted a pic of it here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=93 but seems to have been missed!
Old 24 September 2018, 23:47   #125
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Nah, being from the same country as you my friend, I only really care about PAL games, as that's what I played back in the day

...but I'm sure a lot of NTSC members would appreciate this though
Well, I'm sitting on a handful of unofficial IPFs generated by Denis and Ian and can't distribute them because they've been threatened in the past with ex-communication by the glorious powers-that-be at SPS! Unless something changes in the SPS policy, I don't think I'll be able to share them.

I still have the raw dumps of the games in question, though, so I suppose if someone here is willing to use Keir's IPF generator on them.....then some unofficial IPFs can be shared (and without Denis & Ian getting the death penalty from SPS! ).

@Denis
Here's a photo for tonight's installment of games [letters 'V' + 'W', random games].......it's another dirty dozen!

Rocky_2958
SaintandGreavsie_2973
StreetSportsBasketball_953
Takado_2706
TwotoOne_2360
Violator_2658
VoyagesofDiscovery_2136
WarMachine_2075
WilliLemkesFuƟballmanager_602
WindintheWillows_2998
WinterChallenge-WorldClassCompetition_2863
WorldCup-AllTimeGreats_2620
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAPS-SPS_MissingAmigaGames_Found07.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	59965  

Last edited by DrBong; 25 September 2018 at 21:52. Reason: Forgot to add list of games - sorry Denis!
Old 24 September 2018, 23:54   #126
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Did Growth_864 ever get uploaded?

DrBong posted a pic of it here: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=93 but seems to have been missed!
Nope, Denis keeps missing that one.....so I emailed him again about it earlier tonight. Makes me wonder if there's a problem with Growth like there was with Downhill Challenge. Patience is a virtue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haynor666 View Post
Once again thanks guys, list updated with Bi-Fi-SnackZone_1811 (removed by accident from list).
What about RugbyTheWorldCup_3730 (unknown crc)? I thought Irek upped that to the Zone, but now that I've looked again there's nothing there!

Last edited by DrBong; 25 September 2018 at 00:02.
Old 25 September 2018, 00:01   #127
haynor666
retro maniac

Irek uploaded ct raw dump not SPS archive sadly and looks like he deleted file, don't know why but I still this dump. I really don't know why he don't have IPF. StingRay mentioned Irek as SPS owner
Old 25 September 2018, 00:07   #128
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Bone Cruncher from Superior Software wouldn't happen to be among those raw dumps, would it ?
http://hol.abime.net/182

I've been looking for the original for a loooong long time.
Seen it for sale only once and I lost the bleeding auction right before the finish line.
Frustrating, very frustrating to say the least.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1225234&postcount=3
Old 25 September 2018, 01:03   #129
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Well, I'm sitting on a handful of unofficial IPFs generated by Denis and Ian and can't distribute them because they've been threatened in the past with ex-communication by the glorious powers-that-be at SPS! Unless something changes in the SPS policy, I don't think I'll be able to share them.

I still have the raw dumps of the games in question, though, so I suppose if someone here is willing to use Keir's IPF generator on them.....then some unofficial IPFs can be shared (and without Denis & Ian getting the death penalty from SPS! ).

@Denis
Here's a photo for tonight's installment of games [letters 'V' + 'W', random games].......it's another dirty dozen!
processed and sent.
Old 25 September 2018, 22:25   #130
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Bone Cruncher from Superior Software wouldn't happen to be among those raw dumps, would it ?
http://hol.abime.net/182

I've been looking for the original for a loooong long time.
Seen it for sale only once and I lost the bleeding auction right before the finish line.
Frustrating, very frustrating to say the least.
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1225234&postcount=3
Nah, I remember seeing that auction after it had finished. Peter Olafson (ex-Amiga games journalist) was auctioning off his whole Amiga collection at the time and that was one of the few truly rare games that I'd missed bidding on because of a money shortage that year. I wasn't happy considering the modest price it went for and how bloody rare the game is! It's in the same category as Monkey Business for rarity IMHO and we may not see a boxed copy being sold again for several years, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
processed and sent.
Thanks Denis!

WindintheWillows_2998 was missing, though. My fault, I forgot to list the games in my post last night with the photo. Can you send WindintheWillows_2998 in email please? Thanks in advance!

@All
Sorry peeps, no photo tonight and I may not have time for another one until the weekend due to work. Anyway, all IPFs listed below - including the awesomely obscure Growth_864 - in the Zone. Enjoy!

Growth_864
Rocky_2958
SaintandGreavsie_2973
StreetSportsBasketball_953
Takado_2706
TwotoOne_2360
Violator_2658
VoyagesofDiscovery_2136
WarMachine_2075
WilliLemkesFuƟballmanager_602
WinterChallenge-WorldClassCompetition_2863
WorldCup-AllTimeGreats_2620
Old 25 September 2018, 22:39   #131
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Thanks again.

About Bone Cruncher, I had no idea it's that rare.
Just thought it was my typical kind of "luck" or me not looking hard enough, especially considering the BBC and C64 versions pop up all the time.
Old 25 September 2018, 22:53   #132
seuden
uber cool demi god

This thread is awesome! Great contributions peeps.
Old 26 September 2018, 00:18   #133
BarryB
Amigaholic

@DrBong: Take as much time as you want, I bet it gets a tad tedios finding all those boxes and taking photos, appreciate all you've done so far
Old 26 September 2018, 08:40   #134
haynor666
retro maniac

I'm really appreciate Your work DrBong just like other EAB friends that contributed to SPS project. Great work

List as always updated.
Old 26 September 2018, 20:20   #135
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@All
You're welcome! We've cut the 250 odd missing IPFs down to almost under 100 in less than a fortnight so far, so I'm determined to push ahead without too much delay to see how close we can get to finding them all.

Quote:
About Bone Cruncher, I had no idea it's that rare.
Just thought it was my typical kind of "luck" or me not looking hard enough, especially considering the BBC and C64 versions pop up all the time.
Well, Bone Cruncher was a reasonably early Amiga game release for the UK market and probably poorly marketed by a publisher (Superior Software) that was heavily biased toward the BBC micros and then the Archimedes later on. Even the C64 version isn't all that common (despite perhaps being the best version released), but you can't help but fall over the BBC version on Ebay and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I bet it gets a tad tedious finding all those boxes and taking photos, appreciate all you've done so far
Nah, it's kinda fun in a frustrating sorta way! Many are in packing boxes in the spare room and garage due to not having enough shelf space and having moved a few times in the last dozen years, so I don't get to see some of the gems that I actually do have in the old collection. Taking some photos might actually help me update my games list now (sadly, not updated since 2001! ), and will jog the memory in the future when I have to fetch them out again for whatever reason.

On the flipside, it has been frustrating enough to put some fire in the belly to look into buying more bookshelves. Finally, I might be able to get some of these cool games out of the packing boxes again and clear some space to walk around in the spare room, not to mention shift all the lonely games in the garage into the house and protect them from any dampness they might be exposed to during the winter months.

Quote:
Sorry peeps, no photo tonight and I may not have time for another one until the weekend due to work.
Oops, I did have another photo in me before the weekend after all!

Sorry Denis, here's a photo for tonight's installment of games [letter 'S' (part 1), random games].......it's another dirty dozen!

Lettrix_2916
Matrix_1419
SeymourGoestoHollywood_937
Shiftrix_2914
SoccerKing_2831
SoccerTeamManager_2618
Stalingrad_2979
Starball_2674
SummerOlympiad_3029
Swooper_2254
TimeScanner_1060
Transputor_395

Quote:
Can you send WindintheWillows_2998 in email please? Thanks in advance!
Denis, just a gentle reminder about including WindintheWillows_2998 with the next batch of IPFs. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAPS-SPS_MissingAmigaGames_Found08.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	59995  
Old 26 September 2018, 21:09   #136
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Quote:
Well, Bone Cruncher was a reasonably early Amiga game release for the UK market and probably poorly marketed by a publisher (Superior Software) that was heavily biased toward the BBC micros and then the Archimedes later on. Even the C64 version isn't all that common (despite perhaps being the best version released), but you can't help but fall over the BBC version on Ebay and elsewhere.
I have it on my eBay watch list and a few danish auction sites (fat chance though), not giving up.
If it should turn up it'd be a good idea to alert each other so we don't keep outbidding each other.
I'm only interested in dumping and preserving the disk with my KryoFlux.

Yessiree, the C64 version is a cracking game once you figure out what to do.
Gotta love that sid tune.
Old 26 September 2018, 21:53   #137
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
@All
You're welcome! We've cut the 250 odd missing IPFs down to almost under 100 in less than a fortnight so far, so I'm determined to push ahead without too much delay to see how close we can get to finding them all.

Nah, it's kinda fun in a frustrating sorta way! Many are in packing boxes in the spare room and garage due to not having enough shelf space and having moved a few times in the last dozen years, so I don't get to see some of the gems that I actually do have in the old collection. Taking some photos might actually help me update my games list now (sadly, not updated since 2001! ), and will jog the memory in the future when I have to fetch them out again for whatever reason.

On the flipside, it has been frustrating enough to put some fire in the belly to look into buying more bookshelves. Finally, I might be able to get some of these cool games out of the packing boxes again and clear some space to walk around in the spare room, not to mention shift all the lonely games in the garage into the house and protect them from any dampness they might be exposed to during the winter months.

Oops, I did have another photo in me before the weekend after all!

Sorry Denis, here's a photo for tonight's installment of games [letter 'S' (part 1), random games].......it's another dirty dozen!

Lettrix_2916
Matrix_1419
Shiftrix_2914
SoccerKing_2831
SoccerTeamManager_2618
Stalingrad_2979
Starball_2674
SummerOlympiad_3029
Swooper_2254
TimeScanner_1060
Transputor_395

Denis, just a gentle reminder about including WindintheWillows_2998 with the next batch of IPFs. Thanks again!
Processed and sent
Old 27 September 2018, 00:15   #138
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
I have it on my eBay watch list and a few danish auction sites (fat chance though), not giving up.
If it should turn up it'd be a good idea to alert each other so we don't keep outbidding each other.
I'm only interested in dumping and preserving the disk with my KryoFlux.

Yessiree, the C64 version is a cracking game once you figure out what to do.
Gotta love that sid tune.
Will do and yep, catchy in-game music on the C64 version!

@All
Thanks to Denis' super speedy response, all IPFs below.....in the Zone. Try to enjoy!

Lettrix_2916
Matrix_1419
Shiftrix_2914
SoccerKing_2831
SoccerTeamManager_2618
Stalingrad_2979
Starball_2674
SummerOlympiad_3029
Swooper_2254
TimeScanner_1060
Transputor_395