English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 22 January 2018, 18:42   #1
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

suggestion for new savestate feature

would it be possible to have an option to automatically generate a save state file on shutdown that we could reload at a later point.

It could either be a gui option to turn on functionality whereby it would just generate a save state or it could be a command line option where you could specify the name of the save state to be generated on exit.

I could then set up a shortcut that always auto loads this save state so i can quickly close winuae and continue where i left off with no effort kinda like a hibernate.
Old 23 January 2018, 10:05   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Config already has support for loading specific statefile automatically at boot so another flag that instructs uae to overwrite it when quitting would be easy to add. (Probably with automatic backup creation first..)
Old 23 January 2018, 13:46   #3
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Config already has support for loading specific statefile automatically at boot so another flag that instructs uae to overwrite it when quitting would be easy to add. (Probably with automatic backup creation first..)
sounds great :-)
Old 23 January 2018, 20:43   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This was actually implemented in 2.2

"statefile_quit=<path> configuration file parameter added, automatically saves state to <path> when emulator is quit normally"

Config file only, nothing in GUI.
Old 24 January 2018, 02:08   #5
Phantasm
Not a Rebel anymore

Wow that's great, the feature was implemented before I even thought of it. Thanks for the info

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Old 24 January 2018, 02:29   #6
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Wow that's great, the feature was implemented before I even thought of it.
Yup, that's the thing about Toni

I am using a version of WinUAE at *said* time; it's perfect.

...6 months later; he's added stuff / features / additions that I wouldn't even have thought about in my wildest Amiga dreams.

Not to mention constant, greater / improved accuracy... all the while; making the experience sooooo much better

The man is an innovator, besides clearly understanding "Amiga" and "Microsoft" then making them talk nicely together somehow; new improvements added constantly

Absolute RESPECT Toni, my friend !!!
Old 02 February 2018, 10:01   #7
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yup, that's the thing about Toni

I am using a version of WinUAE at *said* time; it's perfect.
This is why I have said most of my life from age 16 to 5 zer0 and on..."Perfection does not exist because evolution is constant." but the Holy people continue to dispute that Energy is constantly growing/shifting..but we "witness" it with You, Myself, Toni and everyone else.

Quote:
...6 months later; he's added stuff / features / additions that I wouldn't even have thought about in my wildest Amiga dreams.
Smiling and giggling! He's adding stuff I considered long ago, and debated with people long ago about. Some stuff I saw clearly then but some DO and DON'T now...but "Ahhh..Haaaa!" often about, often remembering or he's expanded on. Genius is more common than most realize, and it's not a "gift"...it's chosen. My experiences outside the Amiga are extensive, and I adore the machine and dreams and wishes of the Original Visionaries and those whom caring it on (Toni).

Quote:
The man is an innovator, besides clearly understanding "Amiga" and "Microsoft" then making them talk nicely together somehow; new improvements added constantly
Toni isn't innovating, he's doing his best to make 68K experience brilliant and exact through what many people use... Windows. Innovating means making new hardware, or new code that adds to the current structure while adding to the current or bypassing the current code and hardware completely and making something New. Innovation at the root, means New Idea. Or ground breaking.

Toni IS ground breaking by making WinUAE do "new" or "added" things the Amiga was/is too limited to doing. But he's not making new hardware that might be used on new Classic Machines. He's not making new Hardware based on.....X5000. He's emulating the beloved Classic we all Dig SO Much..and adding to it by way of program. That's not innovation; I call it *respect* to passion of the Past in a very high regard. While making it better program and cluing into what's possible to Come to hardware makers...that means to the hardware innovators of what's possible and could be coming.

Quote:
Absolute RESPECT Toni, my friend !!!
Oh, without a doubt.