English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. C/C++

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 November 2017, 03:45   #101
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 3,926
ok, thanks. I'll start with libogg 1.3.3 and libvorbis 1.3.5

#1)
my standard ./configure went ok:
Code:
CC=m68k-amigaos-gcc.exe CFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -noixemul" \
./configure --host=m68k-amigaos --disable-shared
but next this:
Code:
bitwise.c: In function ‘cliptest’:
bitwise.c:583:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
 }
 ^

bitwise.c:583:1: internal compiler error: Aborted
m68k-amigaos-gcc: internal compiler error: Aborted (program cc1)
using gcc 6.x (not latest) - this is something that makes you running mad
I have to rebuild the whole 6.x gcc i guess.
emufan is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 November 2017, 04:02   #102
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
ok, thanks. I'll start with libogg 1.3.3 and libvorbis 1.3.5

#1)
my standard ./configure went ok:
Code:
CC=m68k-amigaos-gcc.exe CFLAGS="-DNDEBUG -noixemul" \
./configure --host=m68k-amigaos --disable-shared
but next this:
Code:
bitwise.c: In function ‘cliptest’:
bitwise.c:583:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
 }
 ^

bitwise.c:583:1: internal compiler error: Aborted
m68k-amigaos-gcc: internal compiler error: Aborted (program cc1)
using gcc 6.x (not latest) - this is something that makes you running mad
I have to rebuild the whole 6.x gcc i guess.
It could be worse, you could be stuck with 2.95.3 like me.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 09 November 2017, 18:27   #103
emufan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: #DrainTheSwamp
Posts: 3,926
we can skip this, since Novacoder already build them:
SDL_AGA.zip for 68k amigaos:
Code:
support_libs/vorbis/libogg.a
support_libs/vorbis/libvorbis.a
support_libs/vorbis/libvorbisenc.a
support_libs/vorbis/libvorbisfile.a
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
It could be worse, you could be stuck with 2.95.3 like me.
I have this one too, some older things did build with that one only
emufan is offline  
Old 10 November 2017, 10:50   #104
Hedeon
Sonnet Hacker

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Leiden / The Netherlands
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
It could be worse, you could be stuck with 2.95.3 like me.
Need to build gcc with host WarpOS and target MorphOS and we are set :-)
Hedeon is offline  
Old 11 November 2017, 01:03   #105
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Just an update on stuff.
ScummVM Wos 0.11.1 semi-works with a number of issues:
-Scumm engine doesn't work which would be the bulk of games supported
-Broken Sword 1 works at 640x480 but Wave speech has a hiss to it, I think this is some kind of endian issue. Music sounds fine though. Otherwise speed is good.
-Elvira runs at a good speed with music
-Gobliiins engine is included but I haven't tested that

In light of these issues and probably others I don't think it's worthy of release.

Working on libmodplug which if that works I might have something else pretty soon.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 00:18   #106
AMike
Registered User
AMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Vienna/Austria
Posts: 113
Today I've tested your Exult port - works flawless. Thanks for that.
AMike is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 01:39   #107
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Today I've tested your Exult port - works flawless. Thanks for that.
Great! Can I ask what hardware did you run it on?
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 01:43   #108
AMike
Registered User
AMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Vienna/Austria
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Great! Can I ask what hardware did you run it on?
A4000PPC 060 366 Kick3.1 WB3.9 CybervisionPPC, MelodyPro.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
AMike is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 01:48   #109
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
A4000PPC 060 366 Kick3.1 WB3.9 CybervisionPPC, MelodyPro.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
Thanks, I was wondering what the -mcpu=750 option was going to do to a CSPPC, glad to hear it works. I'd be curious whether my crappy dosbox version works too.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 13:04   #110
AMike
Registered User
AMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Vienna/Austria
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Thanks, I was wondering what the -mcpu=750 option was going to do to a CSPPC, glad to hear it works. I'd be curious whether my crappy dosbox version works too.
Woohhooo...DosboxWOS???? A dosbox port would be great, I'm looking forward to it.

Exult works perfectly on the CybervisionPPC and the sound output runs via AHI and MelodyPro in 16bit. I've noticed a few small issues:
  • You have to copy the file "defaultkeys. txt" into the root directory.
  • In the*. cfg file the name for the BlackGate SoundFx are wrong - jmsfxsi.flx is the right name.
  • Last but not least the timidity.cfg is needed in the Exult directory.

Would be a MT32 support possible? (like in the novacoder port)
AMike is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 14:26   #111
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Woohhooo...DosboxWOS???? A dosbox port would be great, I'm looking forward to it.

Exult works perfectly on the CybervisionPPC and the sound output runs via AHI and MelodyPro in 16bit. I've noticed a few small issues:
  • You have to copy the file "defaultkeys. txt" into the root directory.
  • In the*. cfg file the name for the BlackGate SoundFx are wrong - jmsfxsi.flx is the right name.
  • Last but not least the timidity.cfg is needed in the Exult directory.

Would be a MT32 support possible? (like in the novacoder port)
You can try my early alpha of Dosbox but it's not useful at the moment-I have to make a few level ups of my coding skills.
It's here:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=76633&page=65

Does timidity work for you? I thought it was broken.

I'm looking at Novacoder's CAMD code it might be doable, not sure yet.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 12 November 2017, 14:46   #112
AMike
Registered User
AMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: near Vienna/Austria
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post

Does timidity work for you? I thought it was broken.
I only copied the config file because Exult searches for it and a requester comes up.
AMike is offline  
Old 13 November 2017, 04:57   #113
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
I'm stumped by something. Compiling this program which needs network access.
I add:
#pragma pack(2)
#include <ppcinline/socket.h>
#pragma pack()

then it has the other network includes like:

#include <sys/time.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>

I removed #include <sys/socket.h> from this list.

But I get undefined reference to SocketBase.

If I add <proto/socket.h>
I get a million conflicting types for every net function.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 13 November 2017 at 05:08.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 14 November 2017, 05:30   #114
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
I shut up the Socketbase undefined by doing like this:
https://github.com/alibaba/RedAlert/.../lib/amigaos.c

struct Library *SocketBase = NULL;

I mean, what Amigans play online against each other anyway?

But now it complains about undefined references to fnctl and select.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
I'm stumped by something. Compiling this program which needs network access.
I add:
#pragma pack(2)
#include <ppcinline/socket.h>
#pragma pack()

then it has the other network includes like:

#include <sys/time.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <net/if.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>

I removed #include <sys/socket.h> from this list.

But I get undefined reference to SocketBase.

If I add <proto/socket.h>
I get a million conflicting types for every net function.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 14 November 2017, 11:35   #115
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 292
For Q2 vbcc I have this:

Code:
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>

#pragma amiga-align
#include <proto/socket.h>
#pragma default-align

#include <amitcp/socketbasetags.h>
But this is not the real issue: Using posix includes (default with gcc ?) at the same time with amitcp includes is a source of total conflict.

So I have two different calls when amitcp is needed. Example for vbcc:

Code:
CFLAGS      =-c99 -O2 -speed -cpu=603 -DAMIGA -Isystem: posixlib/include

CFLAGS_ATCP =-c99 -O2 -speed -cpu=603 -DAMIGA -Isystem: amitcp/netinclude
Cowcat is offline  
Old 14 November 2017, 14:00   #116
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Thanks Cowcat, I was looking at blitzquake and that explains this too:
Code:
#if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__PPC__)

#include <exec/types.h>
#include <exec/libraries.h>
        #ifdef __PPC__
        #include <powerup/ppcproto/exec.h>
        #else
        #include <proto/exec.h>
        #endif
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <sys/time.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>

#ifdef __PPC__
#include <proto/socket.h>
#else
#include <inline/socket.h>
#endif
#include <amitcp/socketbasetags.h>

#else

/* Amiga includes */
#pragma amiga-align
#include <exec/types.h>
#include <exec/libraries.h>

#ifdef MIAMI_SDK
#include <bsdsocket/socketbasetags.h>
#else
#include <amitcp/socketbasetags.h>
#endif

#include <proto/exec.h>
#include <proto/socket.h>

/* standard net includes */
#include <sys/socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netdb.h>
#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>
#pragma default-align

#include <errno.h>

#endif
It's at the final linking stage and again just getting some missing clib stuff like optarg, getopt, getguid and more. Hopefully I'll be able to piece those together again.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 14 November 2017, 15:06   #117
Cowcat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mallorca
Posts: 292
Quote:
missing clib stuff like optarg, getopt, getguid and more
Some of those you can find on posixlib vbcc.
Cowcat is offline  
Old 14 November 2017, 23:46   #118
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
Some of those you can find on posixlib vbcc.
So they are... Currently it's these I have to do:
getuid
getgid
random
getppid


All of which are in there.

Ok that's done now.... bah complaining about my FLAC version. This should be quick.
Fixed that... Now libmad, fixed that...
Now fcntl which I pieced together with shouting and cursing is puking.

Which I think what it is really looking for is fseeko and ftello. Which don't seem to be in posixlib.

Bah back to fcntl.

Which lead to uh a few more missing things. then back to ftello and fseeko missing kprintf... which I added... and now compiled.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 15 November 2017 at 04:45.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 16 November 2017, 01:15   #119
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 760
It launches, but I have some problem here, either my original media is screwed up and some files are corrupted or the import/conversion tool is not working. Might have to use the windows equivalent to produce the game assets in the needed format(s).

I got it to do something:

And


There are problems though. Sound FX works. I left out Modplug so no music yet. Can't save games. Edges of fog of war are not colored right, which is why I have it turned off above. Probably many other issues.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 16 November 2017 at 03:33.
grelbfarlk is offline  
Old 16 November 2017, 20:37   #120
Wrangler
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 119
Man, I am so excited about this - go grelbfarlk!!

Are you using the freecraft sources for this or Stratagus/Wargus? There's a (slow) Stratagus conversion for OS4 but I could never find the source code for it...
Wrangler is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sdl-1.2.15 Marlon_ Coders. C/C++ 0 11 May 2017 04:31
UAE for WarpOS 0.8.12 grelbfarlk request.Apps 0 23 November 2016 02:14
WarpOS Programming Help? esc support.Other 8 21 October 2015 11:37
WinUAE w/SDL mangamuscle request.UAE Wishlist 8 31 January 2007 12:41
What do you know about Amiga SDL? Tolismlf Amiga scene 6 15 November 2004 19:54

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.21383 seconds with 14 queries