English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 07 November 2017, 18:23   #1
AmigaBoy

A bit about me

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime that I committed. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Knowing their mission to destroy me, I fled from my home in Philadelphia to live with my auntie and uncle in Bel-Air. I sat on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air but I had to get out. The chores, the stores. I couldn't take it. Green Acres was the place to be. Farm livin' was the life for me. Land spreadin' out so far and wide. Keep Bel-Air, just give me that countryside. I settled in quickly.

This is where the story gets weird.

A horse is a horse, and no one can talk to a horse of course. That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed. I grew to trust him. I confided about my previous misdeeds. Little did I know that he'd alert the men I'd imprisoned to my whereabouts. I quickly packed my things and sold my house to a nice family who insisted "Californy" is the place they ought to be. I sped to the nearest port where I boarded a ship for a three hour tour. The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, I'd be lost. The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle with a bumbling fool, a skipper, a millionaire and his wife, a movie star, a professor and a woman named Mary Ann.

The crew and I lived on that island for years. We eventually acquired an Amiga 500 and an Internet connection. I joined EAB where I annoyed RCK until I was appointed global moderator. I quit. I've now returned.

Ende.

(I also found a bottle on the beach. It's in immaculate condition. Didn't need cleaning or anything. It sits atop my fireplace)

EDIT: Side fun fact (because my facts are always fun) - Another "Amigaboy" had appeared during my absence. He was an imposter full of imposterness and impostery things. What I'm saying is, he wasn't me.
Old 07 November 2017, 19:32   #2
Cherno

I think you forgot the part where you found oil on the island and became a wealthy oil tycoon that got shot but survived!
Old 07 November 2017, 19:35   #3
AmigaBoy

I deliberately left it out. I didn't want my story to seem fake.
Old 07 November 2017, 21:04   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

Seven years later
Old 08 November 2017, 06:03   #5
AmigaBoy

Clearly the best number of years.
Old 08 November 2017, 07:14   #6
seuden
uber cool demi god

Haha nice bit about you.
Old 08 November 2017, 07:34   #7