English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 05 April 2017, 22:57   #621
Mr.Flibble

Oh FFS.

Does anyone have a copy of the BOM handy? I've not ordered all the parts yet...

I'm disappointed all around that calmer heads couldn't prevail, come on guys, this is the internet, thicker skins are required!
Old 05 April 2017, 23:05   #622
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
Oh FFS.

Does anyone have a copy of the BOM handy? I've not ordered all the parts yet...

I'm disappointed all around that calmer heads couldn't prevail, come on guys, this is the internet, thicker skins are required!
https://twitter.com/terriblefire/sta...19728272572416
Old 05 April 2017, 23:08   #623
fryguy

He got skills but was acting weird egen people asked him things, so im not surprised.
Old 05 April 2017, 23:12   #624
Mr.Flibble

*sigh*

I've a fairly up to date copy of the A3640 repo, whiteb has a copy of the TF530 one, hopefully we can keep things going?
Old 05 April 2017, 23:18   #625
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Okay, Seems steve will assist people who have received boards from dirtypcb's (Even though his affiliate link is also down), have we decided if the cheap chinese MC68030 clones from Chinakong are worthy to use ?
Old 05 April 2017, 23:23   #626
Mr.Flibble

Not sure we had a consensus, I've been trying to find legit ones where possible.

The RP package variant looks okay, but I don't have anything to test it in yet...
Old 05 April 2017, 23:39   #627
kipper2k

I said to myself i would not log in any more, looks like another project has bitten the dust. i wont point fingers, i bought the boards to try to learn a bit more about hardware and have some fun in the process, i guess now i will just put the boards on the shelf and watch reruns on TV. pretty sad!
Old 05 April 2017, 23:40   #628
ptyerman

Perhaps its for the best. We really don't need another that spits the dummy out every time someone asks a question. It was only a matter of time before this happened, it was close to it two week ago. He really needs to learn some humility and respect for others!
Old 06 April 2017, 05:45   #629
IanP

To champion open source and then delete the project files just because of a little spat seems a rather petty, over sensitive reaction. I'm not sure the community of any other platform will be any better than the Amiga community. You need to be able to take the rough with the smooth and not get the hump and take your ball home when the ref gives you a yellow card for a bad tackle in an otherwise great match.
Old 06 April 2017, 06:25   #630
dalek

Good call IanP. I was having a great time following along, keen to watch the progress of the TF540 board then build it one day.

I (like probably many others) still have the tf520,530,breakout repos - not sure how current, but good enough. I'm not sure it feels right just whacking them back up somewhere, but I like many have invested plenty of time watching along and collecting parts that we need a place to continue somehow.

It would be good if Stephen just ran the project as a closed blog or some sorts if he doesn't want comments (which I thought he did).

I can't imagine an EAB ban would be permanent if he apologised (I agree - it's never alright to resort to name calling and put downs) and I hope Stephen can see that and can move on get back to what he was doing.

If he's not having fun - that's all fine and good, but to hurt the rest of us by packing up toys and taking off I think is disrespectful to those of us who took up the invitation to join him on this ride by subscribing, liking videos and trying to provide constructive input.

Last edited by dalek; 06 April 2017 at 06:25. Reason: speling
Old 06 April 2017, 06:32   #631
ptyerman

@dalek
Spot on. Selfish, spiteful and egotistical are the words what springs to mind. To remove files that are open source for anyone to use is despicable and very telling of the persons attitude. Better to forget it and move on.
Old 06 April 2017, 08:43   #632
cpiac64

what happens?
Old 06 April 2017, 09:00   #633
Mr.Flibble

Plasmab appears to have had a disagreement with some members of the community, got banned from EAB, then taken all his sources etc down from GitHub and removed his YouTube videos, and washed his hands of the Amiga community.

He is however going to support those of us who have bought boards from his dirtypcbs link.
Old 06 April 2017, 09:01   #634
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
@dalek
Spot on. Selfish, spiteful and egotistical are the words what springs to mind. To remove files that are open source for anyone to use is despicable and very telling of the persons attitude.
Why would he have to host the files on his repository if he doesn't want to? Anyone else who has the files is free to make them available, isn't that the beauty of open source?
Old 06 April 2017, 09:05   #635
Locutus

His ragequit is pretty understandable, deleting the repo is a tiny bot 'oh well' though.

I'm sure people have local copies so no worries.
Old 06 April 2017, 09:24   #636
grond

It wasn't "disagreement", he became insulting and threatening over a simple question asking to clarify his own inquiry. It speaks volumes that he now acts like a butthurt primadonna hurting only the people who were interested in his project.
Old 06 April 2017, 09:29   #637
britelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
It wasn't "disagreement", he became insulting and threatening over a simple question asking to clarify his own inquiry. It speaks volumes that he now acts like a butthurt primadonna hurting only the people who were interested in his project.
And your dismissive tone towards him didn't help either, I guess
Old 06 April 2017, 09:34   #638
trixster
Guru Meditating

Why can't people just get along? It's stuff said on the internet.
Old 06 April 2017, 09:42   #639
Leffmann

It's too bad that plasmab took his files down and abandoned the project. It seems like a bit of an over-reaction, but it's understandable when he got banned like this.

I think this was more a situation of two people arguing, rather than one person bullying or picking on another, and moderators should've just asked them to calm, or locked the thread for a short while if that didn't work.

Barging in with the ban-hammer, chucking people out of the forums, and then erasing all traces of what happened must be the worst possible way to manage a public forum with open discussion.

More than anyone I blame the responsible moderator for this, you fucked up.
Old 06 April 2017, 10:07   #640
Codetsu

Damn.

so who have all files ?
i really like to get them all so i can continue
my side project