English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 15 April 2016, 18:18   #101
buzzybee

@Akira: I adore those homing bullets too :-)

Thanks for your positive criticism. Glad I put out the demo already, this will make the game even better. I´m totally with you regarding the music – Adam Mortons soundtracks just drives the gameplay on and on and on. The audio effects are toned down already in the release version of the game, so the music gets more of the limelight. As for your comments regarding too many hitpoints on attackers: will see what I can do about that. It´s a matter of balance.
Old 15 April 2016, 18:52   #102
buzzybee

Made a new RESHOOT-video showing scenes from the new demoversion. Click and enjoy:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 15 April 2016, 19:56   #103
nittamituaki
Cd32+Fdd User (CFU)

@buzzybee
I tested demo version on my CD32+ Analogic FDD (= 020 CPU, 1.8MB chip + no fast RAM) today.
(Total data was more than 880KB, so I replaced "artwork"(title screen) with the small dummy file.)

It changes PAL mode automatically if I boot on NTSC CD32.
Anyway the game itself works great.
"RESHOOT" was the game I'd been looking forward in this year.
Thanks so much.
Old 15 April 2016, 20:28   #104
buzzybee

@nittamituaki: You really replaced the artwork in order to fit the game onto a floppy disc – and it worked? That´s funny ... have to try that myself :-)

Anyway, your config is pretty close to a basic CD32. The game works? Now that´s very great and amazing to know!

Other topic: Are you living in japan?
Old 15 April 2016, 20:47   #105
vulture

I've to second nittamituaki's sentiment here: If possible, it'd be nice to have it working on NTSC as well @60 fps.
Old 15 April 2016, 21:47   #106
buzzybee

One of my goals is to have fullscreen on PAL-displays – something which we saw very seldom on Amiga-games in the past. NTSC would be nice, too, but sorry – its not my main focus and would mean a lot of extra work. Not sure if its worth it ...
Old 16 April 2016, 23:08   #107
vulture

Sure, only if it's not extra work. It's just nice to play with that extra speed sometimes, that's all, but no biggie if it's much effort.
Old 17 April 2016, 02:44   #108
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Are they final graphics or just placeholder? Will you have a proper player ship sprite?
I'll have to try the demo in fs-uae soon.
Old 17 April 2016, 08:15   #109
buzzybee

@Adrian: Placeholders would look like simple chars or something ... I consider the player ship to be proper :-)

Have fun trying the demo!
Old 17 April 2016, 12:48   #110
Gzegzolka

The more I see it them more I like it keep up good work!
Old 17 April 2016, 13:10   #111
daxb

I just lauched the demo version on my A1200 040. Alas the ingame gfx are corrupt. Player ship looks ok but backgrounds are not recognizable.
Old 17 April 2016, 15:26   #112
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Does it work with the aros kickstart replacement? - but maybe that's a500 only. I'm trying to launch it in fs-uae.

Also anyone got an ahem... reliable link to Amiga kickstart Roms. Message me if you do.
The ones I'm finding don't work or are not actual kickstarts it seems.
Old 17 April 2016, 18:16   #113
vulture

I can confirm what daxb says. On my Apollo 030, backgrounds are garbled and they also act as killing obstacles - touch them and you die. Turning the caches off improves things but there are still many parts at the background looking like corrupted gfx which also kill you if you happen to touch them. I couldn't stay alive much, but from what I managed, it's coming along very very nicely! One gameplay improvement I'd like to add to what has already been mentioned is that I'd like the player ship to be just a tad faster or, at least, have a power up at some point that does just that. In general, both thumbs up from me!
Old 17 April 2016, 19:54   #114
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

How do I run this game?

F-suae says:

If you have an .lha archive with Amiga software, you’ll have two choices when you want to extract it:

Extract the .lha archive to the directory hard drive from the host system.
Copy the .lha archive to the directory hard drive, start FS-UAE and extract the archive with the “lha” program (or similar) inside the Amiga.
In many cases, both approaches will work well, but there are some cases where you should extract the archive from inside the emulated Amiga:

If the archive contains Amiga file names which are illegal on the host file system, you’ll not be able to extract the archive correctly on the host system.
The archive can contain file metadata (date/time, file permissions, comment), and if you extract the archive on the host system, information will be lost (the files will get the default file permissions ----rwed).
So whether you can extract an archive without (significant) loss of information on the host system depends on the archive. To be sure, you can always extract archives from inside the Amiga.

Do i need an extractor program? It's not very clear to me from the above text?
Old 17 April 2016, 21:09   #115
buzzybee

Thanks for the feedback y´all! Did some further testing based upon this, and noticed that the game not only produces pixeltrash on some fast systems, but also hangs on 040 and 060-cpu. The former bug I can´t reproduce so far, but I think it might have to do with me not coding a proper waitblit before feeding the blitter coprocessor. Thought that would not be needed if code runs from chipmem. Maybe a wrong assumption. Can easily be solved.

@Adrian Browne: You need an lha-unarchiver to run the demo. Final game will boot from CD-ROM or Disk.
Old 17 April 2016, 22:21   #116
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Ok. the lha file is unarchived. Now how do I get it run in fs-uae? I'm supposed to run it from harddisk?

I really want to playtest this demo.

Last edited by Adrian Browne; 17 April 2016 at 22:26.
Old 18 April 2016, 01:07   #117
buzzybee

Great. Even though, if you run FS-UAE - it´s not even necessary to unarchive. Just bind the lha-archive into your emulated system as harddrive. To do this, in FS-UAE Launcher, go to the harddrive configuration screen; click on the icon to "open file" and choose the lha. Then, when you boot the system, you will find a new icon on the amiga-desktop. Open it, click on the RESHOOT-icon - and play!
Old 18 April 2016, 11:59   #118
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
Great. Even though, if you run FS-UAE - it´s not even necessary to unarchive. Just bind the lha-archive into your emulated system as harddrive. To do this, in FS-UAE Launcher, go to the harddrive configuration screen; click on the icon to "open file" and choose the lha. Then, when you boot the system, you will find a new icon on the amiga-desktop. Open it, click on the RESHOOT-icon - and play!
Thanks Richard- I'll play it later this evening.
Old 18 April 2016, 17:57   #119
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
I can confirm what daxb says. On my Apollo 030, backgrounds are garbled and they also act as killing obstacles - touch them and you die.
That's the same problem I ran into when having disabled "cycle exact" on WinUAE, however after I turned it on it even ran on an 030 config.
Old 18 April 2016, 19:28   #120
Havie

Have tried this on my A1200 with 030@40mhz. I have had the sae issue as others with corrupted background. Tried running the game with caches off (boot menu) and background is nolonger corrupt but still little bits of corruption popping up as you play which kill you. Looks really promising, hope you can solve the graphic issues.

Oh and well done to Kevin for excellent sprites and a brilliant title screen.