English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 10 May 2002, 13:35   #1
the wolf
Just Leeching

Games that weren't...

Cyber Systems, the group behind the interesting web site of "Games that weren't" of C64 has closed, due to other engagements. What a pity. A pit fulled with all that games that never see the light on the glorious C64. Very, very interesting. But Amiga? Every time someone take out from the magic hat, another obsure title "do you know the game xxxx rewieved on the popular Amiga magazine xxxx in the year xxxx?".
It could be cool if someone (not me, I'm too busy and lazy!) take the idea of the mentioning site for an equal version on Amiga. And collecting all the informations, screenshots, playable demos of all that game that "weren't". Snow Bros, Liquid Kid, Pop'n'Magic, Vendetta, Leander 2, Creatures 2, Doc Malone, Super Hero, In Search for Sharla... just to mention some titles. Many games unreleased had at least some painted screenshots, not to say rolling/playable demos as well. It could became a point of reference for every Amiga fan. What do you think?

Erm, sorry for my bad enghlish!
Old 13 May 2002, 19:33   #2
T.R.Schmidt

Eek

Yeah, this would be very interesting !

Is Leander 2 pure fiction or was it really started ???

PS: I have some material and stories of unreleased Kaiko-Games (the Makers of Apidya or GemX) at my site
Old 13 May 2002, 20:31   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I've started a database of games that weren't released on the Amiga, which is a natural extension of the database that we are doing for abime.net.

The info is from games mags, 'coming soon' adverts in game manuals etc. Eventually I'll be able to list most of them and scan pictures etc.
Old 13 May 2002, 20:34   #4
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Happy

Leander 2!!!!!

HUBBA HUBBA..... Were any screenshots released??:eek
Old 13 May 2002, 22:08   #5
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
I've started a database of games that weren't released on the Amiga, which is a natural extension of the database that we are doing for abime.net. The info is from games mags, 'coming soon' adverts in game manuals etc. Eventually I'll be able to list most of them and scan pictures etc.
Yup, great, Cody!
But what about some downloads?
Old 14 May 2002, 08:55   #6
Tim Janssen

Cool Games that weren't

An Amiga games-that-weren't site would be a great.
In the Rare games requests-thread I have posted a couple of pictures of games that finally weren't published.
Old 14 May 2002, 13:46   #7
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Unhappy

You can add Snow Bros. to the list too. Developed by Ocean France,(Developers of Pang.),& previewed in C.U. Amiga I think,& although finished,was never released,shame!
Old 14 May 2002, 14:07   #8
the wolf
Just Leeching

Quote:
Snow Bros, Liquid Kid, Pop'n'Magic, Vendetta, Leander 2, Creatures 2, Doc Malone, Super Hero, In Search for Sharla...
These are only some titles I printed out from some magazine previews many years ago.
As far as I know, some rolling/playable demos were released: Snow Bros, Pop'n'Magic (Rodland2) and Super Hero (of course...The One cover).
The other names remains only names... but probably I'm wrong...
Old 30 May 2002, 10:57   #9
Tim Janssen

Arrow About Leander 2

I would like to come back to the Leander 2 topic. It was suggested a sequel would be released.
Well, I have finished its prequel, Leander (I cheated of course) and in the end-of-game animation a scrolling text states Leander lives happily ever after with his girlfriend. However, he has some trouble with vermin in his garden – but this problem will be solved in Leander 2: - Garden attack (or something in a similar vein). The whole text must not be taken too seriously. My conclusion is Traveller’s tales never had the intention to produce a sequel.
Old 30 May 2002, 14:49   #10
the wolf
Just Leeching

Yup, I finished this game, too and I remember something similar (as I remember).
Maybe you're right, maybe I'm wrong, but I must seen somewhere in a magazine a screenshot of Leander 2...
I'll check for it!
Old 30 May 2002, 20:50   #11
Djay
95th User

i remember going to World of Commodore at Earls Court and seeing the original Leander.......... as soon as it was commercially available i went out and bought it..... it was in a massive square box with a very glossy finish........ HOW i miss buying Amiga games

am i the only one that remembers the smell of opening a brand new box
Old 30 May 2002, 22:31   #12
BippyM
Global Moderator

I remember getting Obitus in the post and Blood money in those balck glossy Psygnosis boxes with the sleeve etc..

I know exatly what you are saying

oh and the weight of the box for Indy Jones 4 or Monkey Island 2 due to the 11 disks
Old 30 May 2002, 22:49   #13
jmmijo

I remember the SOTB series and the T-shirts that came with the original releases very

Too bad the freakin' sizes were limited for very small people. I guess they never figured on some of us FAT Americans :laugh