English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 14 August 2001, 08:36   #1
Tim Janssen

Cool Game Endings

What I really like the most about a game are its endings. After playing a single game for hours the only thing you want is a decent outro and credits screen.
My alltime favourite outro is at the end of MDK 1 for PC. You are presented a black'n'white fifties sci-fi movie which morphes into a videoclip. It has a French female artist singing along with the Hero and his dog. Pity about the low screen resolution, though.

Here is my list of memorable Amiga game-endings:
Hoi: This Dutch game has a short animated end-sequence. Once the hero (a cute little dragon) has finished his quest he finally will meet his blind date; She turns out to be a big, fat hairy momma dragon with a dozen children.
Stardust: The villain in this game is professor Shaumund, a small blue penguin. In the outro Shaumund escapes and flies for eternally through space. The music in the outro is beautiful.
Flood: Quiffy the hero has fought his way through 42 levels of sewers and finally will get to see the light of day. Pity he gets splattered by a passing truck. -How cynical.
Xenon 2: People really cursed the Bitmap Bros for the outro of this game. It is a real anticlimax after playing for many hours. The only thing that happens is that the screen turns black with only a little white spot left in the middle, like you have turned off a TV. Great sense of humour.

What are your favourite game-endings?
Old 14 August 2001, 09:23   #2
APFelon
Cable Buyer

My most memorable Amiga game ending was Walker cracked by Fairlight. It showed an ejection pod, and then the game crashed. I guess there is something to be said about originals.

Last edited by APFelon; 14 August 2001 at 09:34.
Old 14 August 2001, 09:31   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

LOL!!!!!!!!
Mine was the ending for Nicky Boum..Nicky fuckin Boum..
in the end, he beats up the main boss..when all of a sudden, 3 freaky little elves appear out of a pink tree and shove...*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*
Old 14 August 2001, 10:39   #4
Walker

My favourite is "Double Dragon", part I. When the final boss was killed, Billy (or whatever his name was) kissed his girlfriend and everything was great.
All of a sudden, his brother Kain (or whatever his name was) picks up an axe from the ground and cuts of Billys head with a single chop. The girl gets blood all over herself and starts to scream like a maniac. Kain probably thinks something like "Aw man, what did I see in this psycho?" and then he finishes her off.
Kain puts the bloody axe on his shoulder, and walks away into the sunset whistling "Eye of the Tiger". Great ending. Or is it just my version that has this one?
Old 14 August 2001, 13:33   #5
LaundroMat

Another world!

Fave ending: Another World (from Delphine Software).

I was sitting open-mouthed before the screen, tears nearly flowing, when I saw my alien friend carrying the dead hero in his arms and flying away into the distance.. Brilliant stuff.
Old 14 August 2001, 19:09   #6
Amiga1992

OH SHIT you SPOILERS! First Tim blews the MDK ending for me, and then Laundromat destroys my illusions, saying that Lester Chaykin is in fact DEAD! I THOUGHT HE FAINTED!!!!!!!!

*SNIFF* *SOB*

Oh well, I loved Agony's ending. My Crystal crack had a nice one, after you finish it, it starts reading the disk, and gurus. Ah yes, bloody brilliant.

Now really, I liked Mr Nutz's ending. It even taught you how to cook some Mr. Nutz cookies or some nonsense like that!
Old 14 August 2001, 20:50   #7
Drake1009

I also really liked the Another world ending. I'm not quite sure if he died or if he did indeed just get knocked unconcious. First time I completed it I guessed he was dead, next time I thought he was unconcious.

Speaking of bad endings, I really liked the ending on Tintin : Journey to the moon on the C64 where after you complete the last level it dumps you out of the game with an error message.
Old 15 August 2001, 07:56   #8
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Eek

Whoa, Walker, my Double Dragon didn't end like THAT! All I get was a kiss and that was it!

I remember being troubled by Another World's ending as well... I hope he didn't die- it's so sad!
Old 15 August 2001, 08:25   #9
Amigaboy

He can't have died since there was a sequel (not Flashback)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayIS...tem=1264491602

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayIS...tem=1264554895

Out Of This World 2 : Heart Of The Alien (Only for the Mega CD)

Although. Maybe the guy did die and the sequel is based on his alien friend

Old 15 August 2001, 08:32   #10
Tim Janssen

Arrow Another MDK

About Another World: I always was under the assumption Chaykin was very exhausted, not dead. This remains unclear. Does its 'sequel', Flashback, not feature Lester Chaykin?

Akira:
I am sorry I have spoiled the MDK ending for you but maybe there is some hope: I have a French version of MDK. Once you have completed the game a French outro with a song in French is presented to you. I have discussed with some people on the Internet about MDK whether different game endings exist. There are different game endings but it depends on the language and country where the game is published. I just hope this is not a rumour.
Old 15 August 2001, 08:37   #11
Amigaboy

Here's a quick review of Out Of This World 2

http://www.gamezero.com/team-0/final...world_1_2.html

and another

http://www.maniac-online.de/reviews/...hota/hota.html

In the bottom one, it says "Lester's back" so it proves he's just unconscious in number 1

Old 15 August 2001, 14:57   #12
Drake1009

Tim : Does its 'sequel', Flashback, not feature Lester Chaykin?

Flashback features Conrad, can't remember the last name. It was hailed as a sequel by many people though it werent. The gameplay was very good though and I quite liked the ending too.
Old 15 August 2001, 15:40   #13
LaundroMat

Relief

AmigaBoy: Thanks, man. I'm really relieved he's not dead.

Hmm. Maybe I could pretend to be a nutcase and tell my friends I saw Lester Chaykin. That he's not dead. That I saw him on e-bay.

Lester Chaykin is the e-Elvis!
Old 15 August 2001, 19:03   #14
Amiga1992

Drake, Flashback is not the sequel to OOTW. At all.. the game system is similar (rotoscoping animation and squat) but both games have nothing to do with each other. The 'real' sequel is the MegaCD game, in which, as far as I remember, was starred only by the alien friend! But it seems I was wrong. Haven't played the game, though.
Old 15 August 2001, 20:35   #15
TikTok

Flashback

Conrad's surname was Hart. There, you can sleep soundly now Drake
Old 15 August 2001, 21:21   #16
Amiga1992

I think I read another last name? Time to check my french version.
Old 15 August 2001, 21:28   #17
Drake1009

Akira : Drake, Flashback is not the sequel to OOTW.

I never claimed it was. I just said that many thought it was.
Old 15 August 2001, 22:16   #18
APFelon
Cable Buyer

Hm... Flashback's sequel was the ill-conceived, poorly executed and highly overated Fade to Black (Just a bit of trivia for you).

I played the PC version, and I still have the CD in the stack of el-crappo PC games I bought. I don't think it saw the light of day on the Amiga, though.
Old 15 August 2001, 22:56   #19
Frog

dead end !

another "nice" ending : Ninja Warriors !

After surviving (or use a cheat mode you are in front off the boss ! He shout : "Please don't kill me" but you have no choice.. use your dagger and then... mission accomplish so you explode !!! argh fuck them !
Old 16 August 2001, 05:19   #20
Amigaboy

Fade to black sux. Its got some of the worst controls I've seen (but I never really gave the game a chance)

You can download the game from www.theunderdogs.org . The link to the game is http://www.theunderdogs.org/download...ck.zip&id=1352

If that doesn't work, just use the search on the site. It's about 30mb