English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Demos

Old 20 January 2006, 21:01   #1
ITL

Trying to find an old Amiga demo....

Hello!

I had a couple of Amigas a long time ago, and since getting hold of an emulator, the nostaligia bug has bitten! I was in an Amiga demo group for a very short time in the late 80's, and I'm trying to track down the one demo I did some music for.

The group was called Magnetic Fields, and the demo was a Vectorbobs one. I've Googled high and low for information, and can find a few references to the Magnetic Fields demo group - but not much. And quite a few of the sites I found links to are no more.

So - if anyone has any information about Magnetic Fields and if I can download their old demos in ADF form, it'd make me a very happy fat bloke.

Old 21 January 2006, 00:32   #2
ITL

Aaaaaand...I found it!

It was at Amigascne.org - it didn't have a file extension, but I added an .adf extension and ran it through WinUAE on an ECS chipset, and it works fine.

I was laughing as I listened to it....it sounds so cheesy now! lol - and I can't believe I managed to cram all those samples into a 48k mod....lol

Old 21 January 2006, 12:08   #3
Photon

Welcome to the board btw
Old 17 May 2006, 23:33   #4
Esafix

Listened to it. I was impressed.

Old 18 May 2006, 21:34   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
@ITL
.adf extension is not necessary for binaries; you can just load it into WinUAE as a "floppy" (change to 'All files' when selecting the file from the [Windows] dir).
The "floppy" in inverted commas means an emulated pseudo-floppy with a startup-sequence loading a file named 'runme.exe'.

(The binary MUST be less or equal than 880k in size, though, otherwise it won't load.)
Old 16 October 2008, 20:41   #6
MrFluffy

If you read the "where are your old amiga friends from the scene now" thread, no6 has posted in there, and If my rusty memory serves me correct he was in MF at the time...
I remember vector bobs coming out

Of course I could just have a b0rked memory, being a old git

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=325136&postcount=96

Last edited by MrFluffy; 16 October 2008 at 20:43. Reason: added the url