English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 07 April 2019, 23:10   #1
legolas119

Some questions about FS-UAE

Hi,
i'm new on this forum and i have configured fs-uae in order to discover some amiga games.
I have some questions:

1) if i play AmigaCd games, i'm not able, if i push START button, to enter in the menu (like in games in whload format) in order exti from the game. Why? If i want to exit from CD32 games now i have to use CTRL+ALT+CANC and kill the FS-UAE session...

2)soundtrack: some games have missing soundtrack. For example: banshee, dragon spirit, mega typhoon, GODS...is it normal?

3)there are some games that, during the opening, it is not possible to start them. The only way is to push CTRL+ALT+CANC --> manage activities. After that the game in backgroud is "unlocked" and it is possible to continue and start the game... is it a bug? I have this issue with Wings of Death and Swiv for example.

4) I have configured my joypad. But how can i play games like The secret of monkey island? Is it possible to configure th joypad in order this type of game too? I have problems with Super street fighter 2 too: i can only move the 4 direction, but i'm not able to start the game because it is not possible to choos any characters. It seems that i have to configure the 6 action button of this game in a special way...?

thank you!

Last edited by legolas119; 07 April 2019 at 23:26.

Old 30 April 2019, 21:59   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

HI,

1. Because the start button needs to be used for an actual emulated CD32 gamepad button, you need to press SELECT+START to enter the menu, or a dedicated MENU/HOME/Whatever button if your gamepad has one. The alternative is to use the keyboard, e.g. F12.

2. Perhaps you are loading .iso files? Many CD32 games use CD audio tracks for audio, so please make sure you are loading a format which can contain audio tracks, for example bin/cue.
Old 30 April 2019, 23:21   #3
legolas119

1) thanks!

2) no, they are in whdload format, zipped, like other games...the soundtrask is present only during the intro. But during the game session there are only effects... i don't know why...

Old 30 April 2019, 23:29   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, it is normal that some games don't have in-game music (they were made without for various reasons).
Old 30 April 2019, 23:51   #5
legolas119

aah ok! perfect, thank you!

And can you help me in my 4th question, please?

thanks!

Old 01 May 2019, 00:47   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Gamepads cannot emulate the mouse in FS-UAE yet, (that might work soon).

As for Super street fighter 2, if you are talking about the CD32 version, you must set the device type of the joystick port to CD32 gamepad instead of Amiga joystick. EDIT: Actually, this applies to all versions of Super street fighter 2 Turbo; you control it either with joystick+keyboard OR cd32 gamepad (from the manual, see http://hol.abime.net/2214/manual for more information)

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 01 May 2019 at 01:06.
Old 02 May 2019, 00:59   #7
legolas119

yes it works now! I downloaded the AmigaCd32 version (instead the previous Whdload version) and the game works. I selected the CD32 Pad options and the commands works. But it seems that only 3 or 4 buttons works instead of 6: i can use weak and medium kick and weak punch... I have configured my Logitech rumble pad 2 in Setings --> Controller menù, is it correct?

Last question: if i want to delete a game from my list, is this the only and correct way?
- delete the game file/folder
- delete the Amiga.sqlite file stored in dalla cartella \Amiga\Data\Databases folder
- Push Update Database Game
- Push Update Database file

Thanks!

Old 05 May 2019, 00:43   #8
legolas119

hi guys, please can anyone help me?

I want to update my gamelist after deleting some amiga cd32 games and a whdload game.
I have deleted the Amiga.sqlite file, then i pushed Update Database Game
and in the end Update Database file.
But the 3 games are still present in the game list...

Is it necessary to delete ALL the files present in the Data/Databases folder?

thank you

Old 05 May 2019, 14:14   #9
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It should not be necessary, but in case there's a bug which causes FS-UAE Launcher to not recognize that you've removed some files, you can try to remove Files.sqlite, start the Launcher and the run the update game database function to force a rescan.
Old 05 May 2019, 19:47   #10
legolas119

yes, everytime i deleted a game, the rescan didn't work. Ok is it only necessary to delete the Files.sqlite file, not all the .sqlite files, thanks!