English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 30 August 2001, 22:15   #1
Raven

Question Which of The Last Ninja series appeared on the Amiga

I remember having Last Ninja 1 & 2 for my C64 and when I bought my Amiga in '92 I searched for any Last Ninja games for it but couldn't find any. I was under the impression that Last Ninja 3 & Last Ninja remix both came out on the Amiga. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Old 30 August 2001, 23:48   #2
Amigaboy

Yep. You are exactly right Samurai

Last Ninja 2 and 3 were released for the Amiga, with Last Ninja remix being Last Ninja 1 (Last Ninja remix on the C64 was a remix of Last Ninja 2)

Last Ninja 1 was supposed to be released on the Amiga, but never saw the light (it had multiple enemies on each screen). I scanned in a picture and gave it to the Last Ninja Archives owner (always a cheerful guy ) if anyone wants that... http://www.lemon64.com/lastninja/

Last Ninja 4 is currently in production (for years now on and off) and is targetted at PC, PS2, and X-Box (if memory serves correctly)

Old 30 August 2001, 23:56   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Your avatar reeks of ninja Amigaboy..is it Shinobi??
Yes...there are several games on the Amiga that are sequels to C 64 games, but ending with the number "2' or "3",such as Apidya 2. The first ones never made it to the Amiga.
There are more, but I can't seem to remember. Anyone else know of games that fit this phenomenon?
Old 31 August 2001, 00:18   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

His avatar is from the Last Ninja series.

Let me guess...LN4 will be 3D. Well, the screenshots are quite gorgeous, if I do say so myself (although I remain cyncial, natch!)
Old 31 August 2001, 02:06   #5
Amigaboy

Yep. My avatar is indeed the Last Ninja. I've been a huge fan of the games ever since the C64, and what better avatar than the same eyes that struck fear into everyone.

The new one is going to be 3D.

Originally, it was going to be Isometric 3D just like the originals, but with enhanced graphics, etc.

Apparently, they later moved to a shitty Tomb Raider style of game, which I personally think is going to ruin the game.

Hopefully, they have different modes of play, where I can choose to play the isometric version.

Old 31 August 2001, 03:23   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

They would never risk making millions by abandoning the Tomb Raider look. Keep in mind...it's all about the Benjamins...
Old 31 August 2001, 03:37   #7
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

This is a terrible development. The rare 3/4 top down perspective, easily the best of all visual angles, is relegated to junk like Diablo and the ilk.
This bothers me..let me guess, this will be the first Ninja with a
super magnatromic double barrel 20 mm chain gun, right??
Old 31 August 2001, 06:43   #8
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Hi Amigaboy,
you mentioned being a fan of the C64 originals of The Last ninga games-me too!
Which did U enjoy most? I preferred LN2-even though I bought it first. I was dissapointed by LN3 on the C64-a shame the main programmers had formed "Vivid Image" & left by then.
Old 31 August 2001, 07:38   #9
Amigaboy

My favourite on the C64 has always been the original Last Ninja 1. Followed by Last Ninja 2 (which wasn't that far off from being my favourite). Then Last Ninja 3. Then Remix

I didn't like Remix as much as you'd expect since it's the same as 2 with different music. That ranks it low on the list

3 had fantastic graphics on the C64. I was very impressed by that, but it was tooo hard.

Old 31 August 2001, 07:56   #10
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

I never bothered with LN Remix-the moment I saw the ads stating it was a rehash of the first two games.

Totally agree about LN3-I recall playing & dying so much I gave up loading it-apart from loading it up 4 the intro music.

A close run contest between 1 & 2. I remember the sheer panic when I encountered the huge spider in the dungeons in 1-but LN2 was a little easier with improved controls-great music!!
Old 31 August 2001, 08:46   #11
Tim Janssen

Cool First time 'Ninja'-experience

Nothing can beat the first time you see a Last Ninja game. For me, the first game I have ever played on my C64 was Last Ninja 1 and I was gobsmacked by music, graphics and atmosphere. The first game is the best of the trilogy.

When I bought my Amiga in 1991 Last Ninja 3 was one of the first games I played on this machine. The loading times were extreme long, music was C64-like and I could not manage to finish the first level (when I come to think of it, after 10 years I still haven't completed it!).
A couple of months later I got a copy of Ninja Remix which turned out to be a rehash of Ninja 1. The game was fairly playable but the save-game option did not work at the end of a finished level. I also kept on dying in the Palace Garden. In this level I could not jump over a river and the ninja kept on drowning.
During the four years I was an active Amiga user me and my friends were also seeking for Last Ninja 2 on Amiga. We have never found it.
Old 31 August 2001, 09:15   #12
Amigaboy

I found Last Ninja 3 very easy on the Amiga (probably cause I played it so much)

Ninja Remix on Amiga. I kept dying at that jump too! Only once did I make it, which led to me finishing it

Are you still looking for Last Ninja 2? Well. You can get it, and the rest, right here : http://www.lemon64.com/lastninja/dl_other.htm

The Last Ninja Archives. Your one stop shop for everything ninja

Old 31 August 2001, 09:35   #13
Tim Janssen

Cool Last Ninja Archives

Amigaboy,
Soon (when I have bought a new PC) I will start to collect Amiga ADF's and Last Ninja 2 will be the first I will download.
Thanks to the WWW ancient games are not rare anymore. But back in the beginning of the Nineties you really had to search the country for a particular (older) game. Last Ninja 2 was such a rare game here in The Netherlands.

Yes, I know the Last Ninja Archives. I have even contributed to it by sending in some rare pre-production screens of Last Ninja 1 for C64 and Last Ninja 3 for Amiga (see picture).

It is fascinating to see the differences of a game in its initial stages and the final end-product. Now that would make a great games-site!