English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 20 July 2015, 11:13   #1
Sim085

BBlonde Help

Hello,

I am trying to go down the BBlonde route to whiten my amigas. I have bought a case just for testing and experimenting (it came part broken so no loss).

I have read a lot on the net before trying. Everyone seems to get good result. However my first attempt failed by the looks of it.

I have applied BBlonde to an area and then wrapped it with plastic and placed in the sun. However when I cleaned it up it seems like it had spots that remained darker then others (attached image). I am pretty sure that I applied past equally.

Just a couple of questions;

- How long do you keep it in the Sun? Does the result come bad if you keep it too much in the Sun?

- Temperature? Does it make a difference?

- Is what is important that it is all covered? or every area must have the same exact of BBlonde or else you get different shades of white?

- Can I apply BBlonde on areas where I have already applied it? For example where I have the spot (but that mean also on parts that are already white)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	44779  
Old 20 July 2015, 13:10   #2
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yep you can apply it to all of the surface now. Add active oxigen for laundry to the BBlonde. Do not wrap it with anything, just use a brush with the product from time to time when it dries and turn the amiga around so the sun reaches all the sides. You need a lot of sun or long time. Leave it as long as it takes to be white.
Old 20 July 2015, 14:47   #3
Sim085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yep you can apply it to all of the surface now. Add active oxigen for laundry to the BBlonde. Do not wrap it with anything, just use a brush with the product from time to time when it dries and turn the amiga around so the sun reaches all the sides. You need a lot of sun or long time. Leave it as long as it takes to be white.
Thanks for your reply. Will do another experiment tomorrow ... Sun and heat is really not a problem here!

What happens if you leave it more time in the Sun than should? Becomes more white than should / original?

Do you have a photo of this active oxigen? is it powder or liquid?
Old 20 July 2015, 15:01   #4
demolition
Unregistered User

I had spots like that once when I left something in the sun for too long. It started bleaching the plastic, turning it whiter that it was originally. So stop it a bit sooner than later as once it starts to get those spots, there's no way back. The coverage should also be relatively even, or at least make sure to redistribute it regularly while it is sitting in the sun. When I did it (with success), I attended it every 15 mins or so.

The active Oxygen can be found as both a powder and thick liquid.
Old 20 July 2015, 16:41   #5
Sim085

I got the spots after 6 hours. I will do an experiment with 2 hours in the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I had spots like that once when I left something in the sun for too long. It started bleaching the plastic, turning it whiter that it was originally. So stop it a bit sooner than later as once it starts to get those spots, there's no way back. The coverage should also be relatively even, or at least make sure to redistribute it regularly while it is sitting in the sun. When I did it (with success), I attended it every 15 mins or so.
So I go to a super market and pick the first washing bottle with "Active Oxygen" written on it?

Quote:
The active Oxygen can be found as both a powder and thick liquid.
Old 20 July 2015, 17:05   #6
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim085 View Post
I got the spots after 6 hours. I will do an experiment with 2 hours in the sun.

So I go to a super market and pick the first washing bottle with "Active Oxygen" written on it?
6 hours is quite long in my opinion. For me, a couple of hours was usually enough. Check the color once in a while. The back side is usually a good reference as to how the color should look as it doesn't tend to yellow.

I think if you find something for clothes with 'Oxi' or 'Oxy' written on it, it is probably the stuff you want. I use this kind:
Old 20 July 2015, 18:40   #7
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yep, you surely find any, there are many

Old 20 July 2015, 18:50   #8
Sim085

Thanks for the info. It is starting to sound like more of an art than science

Quote:
6 hours is quite long in my opinion. For me, a couple of hours was usually enough. Check the color once in a while. The back side is usually a good reference as to how the color should look as it doesn't tend to yellow.
If it is powder based you mix it with water? or just mix it with BBlonde and make a sort of paste?

Also, so I can calibrate (not sure if it is the right word) myself; how many bottle of BBlonde / Spoons of active Oxi do you use for one case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Yep, you surely find any, there are many

Old 20 July 2015, 18:57   #9
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No idea, I use about two spoons of active oxigen (powder) in less than a half a glass of water of BBlonde. I do all the process in an hour and a half more or less. If you make too much and you have to wait it will dry, so maybe use one spoon and a quarter of glass till you need more.