English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 12 October 2020, 17:17   #1
PDrill

Alternative for DMouse (or fix for Hi-Res)

Since the 80's I've been using DMouse software (Currently 1.28 Nov 1995) which does all these (and a lot of other things I don't need): Adjusts mouse acceleration, screen blanking, mouse pointer blanking, automatically activates windows when you hover the pointer over them and brings windows to the front when doubleclicked somewhere on it. And it's activated with a command in user-startup.

At last I have the hardware to be able to use 'PAL:Super-High Res Laced' screenmode to fit more stuff on the screen, but DMouse seems to fail with this wider resolution. The automatic activation of windows activates windows 10 sentimeters (on a 22" screen) to the left from the real pointer position. Also clicking icons fails if there is a window under the window you are clicking an icon on.

Is there a newer version of DMouse somewhere I haven't looked yet, or another program that does all the functions I want?
Old 13 October 2020, 11:43   #2
paul1981

What OS shall you be using?
Old 15 October 2020, 13:41   #3
Daedalus

All of those functions are available with the standard OS 3.0+ commodities and settings. The options may be limited (e.g. acceleration is only either on or off), but all of those options will work on any monitor or screenmode.
Old 18 October 2020, 21:10   #4
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDrill View Post
Since the 80's I've been using DMouse software (Currently 1.28 Nov 1995) which does all these (and a lot of other things I don't need): Adjusts mouse acceleration, screen blanking, mouse pointer blanking, automatically activates windows when you hover the pointer over them and brings windows to the front when doubleclicked somewhere on it. And it's activated with a command in user-startup.

At last I have the hardware to be able to use 'PAL:Super-High Res Laced' screenmode to fit more stuff on the screen, but DMouse seems to fail with this wider resolution. The automatic activation of windows activates windows 10 sentimeters (on a 22" screen) to the left from the real pointer position. Also clicking icons fails if there is a window under the window you are clicking an icon on.

Is there a newer version of DMouse somewhere I haven't looked yet, or another program that does all the functions I want?
Give SetMouse a go. I do not mean the SetMouse package on aminet, but the SetMouse prefs program which comes with ParM.

http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/ParM_V6.02

SetMouse (DMouse) features are built into the parm.library. So you'll need parm.library in libs:
SetMouse is just the prefs program for the features you request and it saves the prefs to Devs:Mouse.Opt
Only downside is that you have to have something running that uses parm.library in order for it to run. The prefs program (ironically), their BrowserII or ParM. They're both rather good so I personally wouldn't mind. I haven't tested it with a SHires screen though.