English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 April 2019, 09:36   #1
AJO_MoonTurtle

AmigaCD32 Issues

Don't know if theres been a thread entirely dedicated to issues for AmigaCD32 emulation, but this can be used to address any issues regarding CD32 issues.

Besides, I myself have an issue regarding the aspect ratio of the CD32,

it always seems to be a bit off to the side a bit, I first tried to set the emulation aspect ratio to my laptop's screen resolution (1366x768), didn't work, tried to set it to an aspect ratio much lower than that, (800x600) and it still didn't work.

And the weird thing is that I only have this issue with my AmigaCD32 configuration, my A500, A1200, and A4000 configurations don't have this screen issue,

Here are some of my emulation specs, maybe you might find out the issue

(I use WinUAE 4.0.1)
This issue happens in both Windowed and Fullscreen mode.
--DISPLAY--
Resolution = HiRes
Pal mode
Centering = Horizonal + Vertical
Resolution AutoSwitch = Off

--Miscellaneous Options (in "Miscellaneous section ")--
Windowed Style = Extended
Graphics API = Direct3D 11
Graphics API Options = HardwareD3D11 or SoftwareD3D11

Below is an Attached PNG file showing the askew AmigaCD32 "No CD" StartUp screen, so you can see what it look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmigaCD32Startup1.PNG
Views:	110
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	62775  
Old 12 April 2019, 11:46   #2
DamienD
Banned

You probably have scaling set to "Default" under "Filters":

This is how my CD32 configuration looks in a resolution of 720x576:

Old 12 April 2019, 19:52   #3
AJO_MoonTurtle

Thank you! I set default to Off, and the screen is no longer askewed to the left anymore, but I do have another issue with the startup sequence of the Amiga CD32, which appears to be bugged,

At the beginning of the startup sequence, the screen appears glitched and the zooming CD graphic jitters as it comes to the center, then the flipping "CD" sprite comes in, also a bit stuttery, then oddly enough the startup sequence appears to be normal after "AMIGA" and "32" turn red.the music jingle also seems to be a bit laggy towards the start, but sounds fine just after the words turn red,

I'd attach an AVI file to this reply,(so you can see what I am describing) but unfortunately, getting my video codecs to record the footage properly WITHOUT lagging. (the AVI file itself when played doesn't really lag, it more when it's recording that it tends to lag) unfortunately, this forum won't allow me to attach AVI files to forum posts, as it's not a supported format here, also, despite lasting only around 10 seconds, the file is 10,207 KB, and

I did try to lower the resolution to get a better framerate, bit the screen once again goes to the left like before, even though the framerate was...okay, not bad, but not that great either, it did seem a bit jumpy, both in video and sound, but its better than trying to record in my laptop's aspect ratio of 1366x768, which was basically a slideshow,

The tutorial doesn't really help, as it is heavily outdated, (if was last updated in 2006!) but it was the most in-depth and the most detailed tutorial I could find, (WinUAE in general has always been a bit scarce when it comes to tutorials, this forum is the closest to that so far, which I like)

Strangely enough, when I look at the WinUAE Configuration window screenshots seen on the website, it seems like a lot of configuration options are missing in the newer versions of WinUAE,

For instance in the output properties menu seen on the tutorial, there several options there that aren't on recent version of WinUAE, like choosing between PAL and NTSC AVI output, choosing the FPS of the recording output, theres an "Alt PlayBack Mode" checkbox.

On the version of Display Settings seen in the tutorial, "Force Low Resolution" and "Correct Aspect Ratio" not exactly present in modern WinUAE,

Of course, a lot of the stuff is either missing, renamed, moved to a different part of the WinUAE configuration window, or combined with other config options, I bring up these differences because some of the stuff I listed above is shown as an actual step in the tutorial,

I have several video codecs though, here are the ones that show up in the video codec selection window,

CinePak Codec by Radius
Intel IYUV
Microsoft Video 1
Xvid M-PEG 4 Codec (this is the video codec used in the tutorial I referenced)
Full Frames Uncompressed (Not sure if this counts as a codec,)

I genuinely don't know what video codec is best to use for recording on-screen activity, I am VERY new to video codec recording, it's a whole new territory to me. I have Windows 10 64-bit, and I don't know if all of the codecs listed are the best for the platform.

Here is the tutorial I repeatedly mentioned throughout this whole reply,
http://guide.abime.net/gguides/video.htm

And I will include the AVI file showing the AmigaCD32 startup, note that it is a bit blurry because of the heavy compression done.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmigaCD32Startup(Xvid).zip (2.42 MB, 76 views)
Old 12 April 2019, 20:06   #4
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Maybe this reading can be of any help regarding the 'lag' you are facing : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96299

Personally, I quite like "OBS Studio".
Old 12 April 2019, 20:42   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"Missing" options are not really needed, you can use existing display/filter options to configure exact same output. Force lores probably is same as Resolution=lores (and doubling off) in display panel.

Most recommended codec is Tech Smith Screen Capture codec (TSSC). Search for TechSmith in this forum for more information. Most other codecs are designed for video which won't work very well with high contrast pixel graphics.
Old 13 April 2019, 00:49   #6
AJO_MoonTurtle

Thank you both, I just downloaded OBS Studio and TSSC, I will try them both, and see which one works the best for me!