English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 16 November 2012, 23:30   #1
outofwork

Can't remember the game title

I have been looking for a simple little shootem up that is a vertical scroller where you are flying a plane and shooting at various targets on the ground. As I recall from more that 10 years ago, there were tanks, bridges, ground artillery some of which were partially hidden behind trees and other obstacles. I have checked the excellent EAGER site and looked through hundreds of thumbnails and still can't find the name of the game. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
outofwork

Last edited by outofwork; 16 November 2012 at 23:47.
Old 16 November 2012, 23:47   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

2D levels of Wings? http://hol.abime.net/1723/screenshot
Old 17 November 2012, 00:08   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Sounds like River Raid for the C64 or Atari XL.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 17 November 2012, 08:13   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Some levels of Banshee?
http://hol.abime.net/31/screenshot
Old 17 November 2012, 16:54   #5
kamelito
Zone Friend

Could have been Raiden but it's an unreleased game.
Kamelito
Old 18 November 2012, 01:45   #6
outofwork

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately it isn't any of the suggested games. This is driving me nuts. I remember that the graphics were very good, there were quite a bit of trees and bushes partially obscuring some of the targets and there was a level in which I believe blimps/dirigibles appeared that I could shoot down as well. I may have to see if I can find the original diskette. What a chore that's going to be. I remember a lot about the game except for the title. A friend of mine wrote a cheat for it and I could aimlessly (pun not intended) blast away forever.
Old 18 November 2012, 01:57   #7
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Flying Shark?
Old 20 November 2012, 03:03   #8
outofwork

I FINALLY found the game title and the game. It's called Air Aces II and for some strange reason it's not shown on the EAGER web site which indicates that it lists every Amiga game ever made. It figures that of the thousand(s) of games listed on that site that the only one I've found missing is the one I was looking for.

I'm trying to figure out, assuming that I can't find a cheat for it, how I can patch the adf file myself. Are there any disassemblers for an ADF file or an IPF file? Any ideas?

Thanks,
outofwork
Old 20 November 2012, 03:40   #9
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

You mean Air Ace II? It was obviously made with the Shoot'Em Up Construction Kit. Here is a freezer code for lives, usable with the HRTMon or the Action Replay i assume.

http://www.amigafuture.de/GTT/amiga/a/20/f.php

Edit: You can also load it directly into SEUCK: Load SEUCK and insert the Air Ace II disk when it asks for a data disk. Then go to Storage -> Load Data -> Load everything. After that use the "Test Game" -> "Cheat Test" option to play with unlimited lifes.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 20 November 2012 at 05:23.
Old 20 November 2012, 16:57   #10
outofwork

Yes, it is Air Ace II not Aces. Can I "assume" that a freezer code freezes the screen?

I have no idea what SEUCK is. I am running the game using Amiga Forever on a PC. Eventually once I get the configuration sorted I will run the Amiga games on my RGHed XBox 360.

Thanks,
outofwork
Old 20 November 2012, 17:23   #11
s2325
Zone Friend

SEUCK = Shoot'Em Up Construction Kit
Old 20 November 2012, 18:18   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofwork View Post
Yes, it is Air Ace II not Aces. Can I "assume" that a freezer code freezes the screen?

I have no idea what SEUCK is. I am running the game using Amiga Forever on a PC. Eventually once I get the configuration sorted I will run the Amiga games on my RGHed XBox 360.

Thanks,
outofwork
I have even linked the SEUCK ADF Image above. Load it into WinUAE (which is the emulator in Amiga Forever) as i wrote. Or maybe Stingray could do a little trainer version.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 20 November 2012 at 18:52.
Old 20 November 2012, 22:58   #13
outofwork

I may be missing the obvious but the SEUCK link goes to a French web site and I don't see any option to download SEUCK. The other link goes to a German web site and again I don't see any option as to how to apply the freezer code. It appears to be a hex value but that's all that appears obvious to me.

For some strange reason the Chrome browser doesn't seem to be able to complete the translation to English.

Thanks,
outofwork
Old 20 November 2012, 23:12   #14
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
I may be missing the obvious but the SEUCK link goes to a French web site and I don't see any option to download SEUCK.
Click on "telecharger" for the download.