English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 16 March 2016, 08:27   #1
Graham Humphrey

Draft posts?

I have been wondering recently if it would be possible to have a 'Save Draft' option when creating a new thread? Purely from a selfish point of view, when I come to update our Super League competition with a new round, it would be a lot more convenient for me if I could create a thread for the new round in advance at my leisure and then just hit a button to publish it when the time comes for the round to start. Or at least save some kind of templates so it's easy to go in and edit them when needed.

Any chance this could be considered? Thanks
Old 18 March 2016, 21:55   #2
prowler
Global Moderator

I can see that being able to draft threads before the midnight changeover from one competition round to the next would be very useful.

I had seen you lurking online late in the evenings on quite a few occasions before it suddenly dawned on me what was happening when an avalanche of your posts were suddenly let loose. That's extraordinary dedication from you. I'm really surprised you've waited so long before asking for this feature.

If it's possible to implement it, I don't think it would be wise to make it available to anyone but moderators. Just imagine the havoc a spammer could unleash in the forums using such a tool!
Old 18 March 2016, 22:10   #3
-Acid-

Why don't you just save your posts as text files then paste them in when you are ready to post, surely it will save all of your formatting codes too?
Old 18 March 2016, 22:18   #4
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
Why don't you just save your posts as text files then paste them in when you are ready to post, surely it will save all of your formatting codes too?
That's exactly what I do when needed. Prepare in Notepad, copy / paste into EAB thread / post when required
Old 18 March 2016, 22:42   #5
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
That's exactly what I do when needed. Prepare in Notepad, copy / paste into EAB thread / post when required
That must be how those recent spammers got so many visitors messages uploaded so quickly.
Old 19 March 2016, 09:07   #6
Graham Humphrey

Whilst they are kind words, I don't know if I'd class it as dedication, as such. It's just happened I've had a lucky run and have nearly always been free on the occasion of the round change for a number of months straight now, so I like to get it done as soon as I can. We've got another one tonight, but got a long day today so I'll be shattered! It will still get done, and then no doubt straight to bed.

Notepad is certainly a worthwhile suggestion and one that would indeed work. The thing I really prefer, though, is being able to create a thread and see the results of the formatting 'as it happens', particularly with centering images etc, rather than copy and pasting BB code. It would also reduce the need to copy and paste every time. But as a kind of stop-gap it would be effective.

Thanks for the replies chaps.