English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 16 October 2015, 12:57   #1
kragle

Android ports from Amiga?

Hi all,

First post as a registered user, but have always referred this site as Amiga homage for information...

I was just wondering how easy / hard it would be to port a specific game over to Android. I was thinking as I am currently playing Gobliiins Trilogy on my phone, how many other games could you do?

I would love ideally, Valhalla - Before the War available on Android. I have been successful using emulators whilst playing the game Pushover but found it drains far too much battery and also, the controls feel too sensitive and unable to really find a decent emulator that allows a d-pad to be used. (I'm sure it exists at a price)

I like the idea of a game being a whole new app rather than run through an emulator as it just feels nicer in all.

Thanks,
-Kragle

Old 17 October 2015, 03:09   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

>I was just wondering how easy / hard it would be to port a specific game over to Android. I would love ideally, Valhalla - Before the War available on Android.

It's written in AMOS BASIC, so assuming the source is available, and something similar to AMOS is on Android, probably not very hard.

I doubt anyone would bother to port such an awful game though, you may have to do it yourself I'm afraid.