English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 13 June 2013, 15:30   #1
rmcin329
NOOB

Battletech

Well in short I am requesting that if anyone has a copy of the game with a save that has a borrowed/stolen urbanmech from the arena, please upload it. I've always wanted to actually run around with an urbanmech on this game, but have never gotten one when renting a mech from the arena, and therefore have not had an opportunity to steal one. Supposedly you can get one instead of the locust you're supposed to rent, though i imagine the chances are probably something like 1/5000 or something.
Old 13 June 2013, 16:05   #2
emufan

back2roots has a SaveDisk section - but nothing for Battletech.
EAGER, also back2roots got some instructions for the game.
Old 13 June 2013, 16:11   #3
rmcin329
NOOB

thanks but i don't need any instructions for the game, i know it pretty well. Just looking for a near impossible save, like described above . On a side note, you probably wont find any "save disks" for the game, since by default it saves to the game disk itself, and cannot be redirected. Unless of course you or use the whdload version, which would be saving to the HD.
Old 13 June 2013, 17:28   #4
emufan

ok ok, ic
looking for a trainer or trained version gave also no results - you are on your own again, it seems

edit: found some technical details on a wiki - they list also the Save Game disk layout.

someone got something else?!

Last edited by emufan; 13 June 2013 at 17:33.
Old 14 June 2013, 08:17   #5
demoniac

The Urbanmech isn't very good. Kind of like the Chamelon, as it's one of a kind, so you are unable to upgrade it. I may have a save disk somewhere, but I currently do not have time to look for it. PM me in a few weeks if no one else gets back to you.
Old 14 June 2013, 08:32   #6
rmcin329
NOOB

I already knew it was probably one of a kind. The arena would probably not allow you back in it i imagine if you succeed in stealing a mech from it. I've never tried stealing a mech from the arena. I suppose IF you could blow one of the urbanmechs up you might be able to salvage it. However from what i've read up on, it sounds like you can only use a rented mech to attack the spectators, so not sure how a locust would be able to scrap one for you to salvage it..... Though i've also heard you can supposedly get extremely lucky and be granted an urbanmech whilst renting rather then the locust.

EDIT
seems how i've run into jenners a few times at the arena, i suppose in theory you could blow one up and salvage it after escaping. Though again, blowing it up with a locust would be damn near impossible.(lucky head shot with medium laser could work)

Last edited by rmcin329; 14 June 2013 at 08:51.
Old 15 June 2013, 04:01   #7
demoniac

Go fight inthe arena using a Jenner. There's a target in the crowd which you aim at. Once destroyed, you can escape with it. I suggest you do this early on when you are only fighting a few enemies.
Old 15 June 2013, 07:20   #8
rmcin329
NOOB

go fight in the arena using a jenner? I've never been able to find a jenner except during the final training mission and very rarely as my enemy in the arena, so i don't know HOW you'd expect me to do that. You make it sound like its somehow possible to get a jenner for one of my own pilots. I've never receieved anything besides a locust while renting mechs at the arena. But if you do somehow have a save file where one of your pilots has a jenner, that would probably be even better then the urbanmech i asked for.
Old 23 June 2013, 10:16   #9
demoniac

I confused the Urbanmech with the Jenner. So substitute the words with I wrote above.

As for using a Jenner, I believe I hacked the save file to have one, but I couldn't get it to work 100%.
Old 24 June 2013, 05:34   #10
rmcin329
NOOB

hmmn i can't imagine why a jenner wouldn't work normally if you could get one. It doesn't have any unusual weapons just medium lasers and a SRM4.
Old 25 June 2013, 06:09   #11
demoniac

The amount of weapons is different, so it changes the amount of data used for that particular mech. IIRC, this causes damage to some appendages.
Old 26 June 2013, 03:11   #12
rmcin329
NOOB

i don't see how the amount of weapons causes problems, modify a Wasp twice and you wind up with exactly 5 medium lasers for weapons. The same total amount of weapons a Jenner has. The Jenner even weighs more, meaning it should have more structure available too.
Old 28 June 2013, 18:33   #13
demoniac

I am saying the data set is smaller. If each mech is identical in data size, then it's easier to modify as it's easier to determine where each stat is at. Since the Jenner has less accessories, the offsets to the stats are different.