English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 April 2004, 09:10   #1
amigabest

Question WINUAE Printing problem

Hi to all! I'm a happy user of WINUAE, but I have a problem during printing: the printer starts normally but does not finish to print! I have an Epson 680C that print very well: with WINUAE the sheet is printed ok until the last line. Then the green light of printer continue to flash forever (waiting for last data?), no action were performed. The WINUAE seems to have finished the printer job, but the WIN-XP side is still waiting for data and does not terminate the job. What happened? What can I do? Any suggestion about the WINUAE settings?
My config:
Notebook ASUS with P4 2.8Ghz
512MB
SIS M650 graphic board
WINUAE with: 128MB + 2MB

Somebody could help me?
Tanx in advance and sorry for my bad English...

Regards to all,
Enrico of Italy.

Old 07 April 2004, 20:00   #2
Marcuz

hi and welcome

i'm not really helpful here but someone else will gladly do that after gone mad for the signature in the post.
me too i would know the answer to your question, and where too if there any, check for amiga drivers for my printer/scanner an hp psc 750; just to know, what kind of config are you running? wich workbench?
Old 07 April 2004, 22:51   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Printing should finish if you enter WinUAE's GUI or run winxpprinthelper (in Amiga Programs-directory)

Problem is usually that Windows (especially Windows XP) does not necessarily flush the print queue completely until told so (normally by closing the printer handle)

Unfortunately WinUAE don't (and can't without creating special uaeprinter.device or something like that) know when the printing has ended, it only sees data flow going to emulated parallel port that is redirected to Windows printer.
Old 08 April 2004, 08:37   #4
amigabest

Tanx to all.
Just only one thing: The print is still incomplete. The printer seems to wait for data for the last line. The drivers of XP are the last version downloadable from Epson site.
Entering in the WINUAE GUI doesn't solve the problem (the printer still flash the light and nothing happens...). I will try with the winxpprinter program.
Tanx Toni.

Regards,
Enrico

Old 09 April 2004, 00:43   #5
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

In my case it is even worse:
The print starts fine writing the first line, but then prints some weird text and stops after a few letters
My printer is an Epson Stylus Colour 460, btw.
Old 09 April 2004, 08:27   #6
amigabest

In my case the print is fine (and very fast...): only the last printer head passage is missing.
Toni, just a question about WINUAE: running some program (ex. PPaint) the emulator exit to WINXP without any error message. How can I do?
Tanx alot.

Enrico

Old 09 April 2004, 10:18   #7
thomas

Quote:
Originally posted by Toni Wilen
Printing should finish if you enter WinUAE's GUI or run winxpprinthelper (in Amiga Programs-directory)

Problem is usually that Windows (especially Windows XP) does not necessarily flush the print queue completely until told so (normally by closing the printer handle)

Unfortunately WinUAE don't (and can't without creating special uaeprinter.device or something like that) know when the printing has ended, it only sees data flow going to emulated parallel port that is redirected to Windows printer.

Is it possible to get the source code of winxpprinthelper ? It is not in the winuaesrc archive. Perhaps one could call it automatically when printer.device is closed. At least it should get a Cancel button for the case that no print job is active when it is started because it totally freezes WinUAE when Yes is pressed without a print job.