English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 26 July 2002, 04:13   #1
Amiga1992

AVI to Anim5?

I need a proggy that loads an AVI and converts it to a Dpaint ANIM5 thingy.... IS there any?

Or what would be the fastest method to do this?... Do I really have to export the AVI as single frames, then convert the frames to IFF, then transfer those to the Meega and THEn make an Anim5 out of them?

Cheers for any info!
Old 26 July 2002, 07:01   #2
Amiga1992

Uhmm... just found out an easy way to do this... In case anyone's interested here goes:

I took the AVI, and loaded it into Adobe Premiere (or you can use any other program that lets you export the AVI as a GIF sequence...)

OK, then I exported as GIF sequence, then I took the sequence and batch processed it through Fireworks, to reduce all the files to 4 or 2 colors, whatever I needed. It lways like to up teh depth one notch tho. If you export as 4o colors, you get 8 color files, and so on.

Transferred the files to the meega (TwinExpress!), then loaded up Cloanto Personal Paint 5, and used its handy FramestoAnim REXX script (remember to have RexxMast loaded so this works!)

Anyway, you should have named your files name.### , where @@@ is teh sequential numbers... Choose your first frame and voila! save the Anim5 when done

Hope that's useful for someone!
Old 26 July 2002, 07:26   #3
gary

I haven't seen any Amiga progras for AVI->ANIM5, but considering that the AVI file could have been created from one of several codecs (that seem to be updated every month!) it's probably easier to convert the AVI to a more portable format for the Amiga (eg: MPEG or FLI/FLC) on a modern PC.

I have used this technique:

1. Convert the AVI to FLI (on a PC)
2. Transfer FLI to Amiga (I use twinexpress too)
3. Use Amiflick to convert from FLI to anim5 (it can do
HAM6 for OCS/ECS or 256 colour for AGA).

This method will work on a 68000 Amiga500 Kick1.3. and Amiflick does FLI -> ANIM5 in one shot (no screwing around with 100's of IFF files). The drawback of converting AVI to FLI is that the colours are limited to 256 which can look bad when converting long and colourful AVIs.

I haven't found a decent MPEG to ANIM5 converter for the Amiga yet, but I think Mainactor can convert many different animation formats to ANIM5.

Does anyone have a full version of MainActor that they could upload to the zone?

Last edited by gary; 26 July 2002 at 07:40.
Old 26 July 2002, 09:01   #4
Amiga1992

Thanks for that other tip! I dont mind the number of colours, as I said, I want them to have few colors!

Thanks again
Old 26 July 2002, 20:29   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by gary
Does anyone have a full version of MainActor that they could upload to the zone?
I'm sure I have it somewhere, just dunno where. The Amiga and PC versions. But I have always found both versions to be so incredibly slow to the point of uselessness. I always figured the Amiga version was so slow because I was using a mere 25MHz 030, but even the PC version was a slug, so I have no use for it.

Someone needs to code Anim Department Professional for converting anims seamlessley. That's be a gas...