English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 22 October 2005, 11:49   #1
Graham Humphrey

Annihilation - more artists wanted

Although Marco has very kindly been doing the backgrounds for my shoot-em-up, he tells me he is currently very busy, so we could get this done a lot quicker if we get more people in to help out.

Basically, I need at least 1 person (the more the merrier) to help put together the sprites and the map tiles. There's not an awful lot more for me to say here, as Marco has done a pretty good job of covering this himself. He's written a Word document which outlines the basic concept of each individual level, so that hopefully the game can have a consistent look and feel to it. (Hopefully, Marco, it's OK for me to post the link!) You can find it at:

[edit:] obsolete link; edited by marco

If anyone is interested, or wants to know anything else, then please post it on this thread. Thanks!

EDIT: Could this thread be made sticky please?

Last edited by Marcuz; 17 November 2006 at 13:41.
Old 22 October 2005, 13:24   #2
Marcuz

i'm very ok with it; i have some particular sprite work for the game that i'll keep dear to myself, but we really need some help there.
the complete link for the work done, so that you can have an idea of what is required is this.
please use the included excel file to cross out the jobs you would like to take,
thanks!
Old 24 June 2006, 14:48   #3
Graham Humphrey

I'm still looking for artist-type people, by the way.... (hint, hint)
Old 26 June 2006, 12:31   #4
z00mba

It is possible to see the latest sprites and backgrounds?
Old 15 July 2006, 22:42   #5
Marcuz

Sorry Graham, i'm a little late in doing the stuff i had in mind as i have to solve an important node in workflow, (pc to amiga graphics with correct palettes) i fix that and then move on, so if nothing of real work comes my way, the next week 'll divide myself between Annihilation and Eye of the Beholder 5, 6, or whatever

in the meantime, a little asteroid.

these are NOT to be used, as palettes and sizes are not fixed yet.

also: do someone know any little 3d program that could be used to do some easy model to be exported as gif or something? i want to do little models of asteroids and particular enemies so to manage light and shadow on rotations and use them as templates to produce the actual graphic

edit: obsolete images removed

Last edited by Marcuz; 17 July 2006 at 17:28.
Old 17 July 2006, 17:24   #6
Marcuz

i've solved workflows problems and i've found a good wway to work the graphics from PC to Amiga and i'm very happy too about how they come with a simple 16 colours palette!
only thing is that with this pace we will never finish the game. so i call again for help, in particular there's need of someone to handle the enemies sprites. you can refer to my design guide for the project or you can make your own, in respect to the ambientation only. i'm taking care of the other sprites for the environment and of the between-levels screen.
i'm also considering to putting up a page on my site as a collector of all the stuff. i'll do it if the project goes on.
if you are working on pc, let me know if you need help in the workflow to amiga. i made a tutorial for myself, but i can polish it up and post it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	july06PROVA.png
Views:	432
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	11579   Click image for larger version

Name:	july06PROVA2.png
Views:	389
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	11580   Click image for larger version

Name:	july06PROVA3.png
Views:	405
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	11581  
Old 17 July 2006, 17:27   #7
Marcuz

there are of course things i have to check on the palette consistency, it may be that i also will redo all the backgrounds AND the ship; i think there is a little redesign to do about the color key and tone to be coehernt.
this would be different if i actually had drawn instead of write about it you never end of learn!

Last edited by Marcuz; 17 July 2006 at 19:48.
Old 22 July 2006, 20:16   #8
Marcuz

time for a bit of update

after the last posts, i had a friendly e -mail excange with Graham and, while his engine is capable of handle a nice amount of things, it cannot do the things i would like it to do to pull me to draw them.
we agreed that it's better then if i leave sprites to someone else and i focus on the graphics between levels and on the intro and outro screens.
if you would like o blame someone, then blame me but i leave sprites.
so: it is more urgent than before the help of graphics guys to finish this game:
as far as i know, to be an effort of mainly a couple of guys in their spare time, this game can be a real real nice piece, even better than ancient commercial games! i say so because i'm immodest of course, but the game can be good.

from the scratch then, you, graphic guy/s, yes, YOU! DO YOU WANT TO HELP?
Old 11 November 2006, 17:01   #9
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I WILL HELP!

Can you send me any sprites or background blocks you have been working on, and any outlines you have and I will work out what I can. The links at the top of this thread don't work though.

I'm willing to put my project on hold for a while so I can help out a fellow Amigaman to complete this cool game. Currently I'm running UAE on my PC, and playtesting on an unexpanded CD32. I like working in limited colour palettes, mainly pixel work though because I don't have any 3D programs handy.

I'm on IRC in #abime.net , on MSN, and can check my email regularly if you can send me any files for me to work on. My email/MSN is camiraunit2 at hotmail.com (I got rid of the @ in case there's a spambot scanning email addresses).
Old 11 November 2006, 17:07   #10
Graham Humphrey

Thank you, that's kind of you to put your own game on hold for this. Sorry for posting a reply in your thread by the way (should have posted here!), as I said I haven't got the files with me at this moment, but, fingers crossed, within a few days I'll get them to you!
Old 11 November 2006, 17:20   #11
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
No problem, mate. I'm looking forward to working on this now, as it's something I think I can do. I've made quite a few SEUCK and Backbone games in the past, but never finished any of them. I think working with someone else really helps with your motivation though, and this is a project that deserves to be finished.

If this game will end up playing on my CD32, it'll be great.

Have you got any music for the game yet? I'm sure there have got to be a bunch of mod composers on the forum, or perhaps email a few aminet mod contributers. As for sound effects, I can't really be of much help there, since I can't really make a laser sound. But if you need voice clips, I could have a go. I have a microphone on the PC so I should be able to record small audio clips through it. If you need a female voice (like Super Stardust), I could ask my girlfriend or my sister.

Is the game going to have an animated intro or a title screen or anything? What about a story? Any info you can give me will be a help, it'll get the ideas flowing.

Whenever you get the files, email or send them to me, and I'll get to work on them right away.
Old 11 November 2006, 17:29   #12
Graham Humphrey

Yep, someone's already done three mods for me, so I'm covered in that dept. As for the voices, I'm not sure I'll need that, but thanks for offering - I'll think about it.

BTW, as for the broken links, I've got the archive from that link anyway, so I'll e-mail it to you in a sec. A lot of the concept, story etc. is covered there.
Old 11 November 2006, 21:17   #13
Marcuz

sorry just seen the new posts now. Graham, if the originaal files are needed, i have still that archive, just i had to move it from the site when i redid it in the last months. let me know if you need it.
i wish you a good work, guys
Old 12 November 2006, 09:39   #14
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
Yep, someone's already done three mods for me, so I'm covered in that dept. As for the voices, I'm not sure I'll need that, but thanks for offering - I'll think about it.

BTW, as for the broken links, I've got the archive from that link anyway, so I'll e-mail it to you in a sec. A lot of the concept, story etc. is covered there.
Hello,

I have tested this game on my amiga. first It's PAL and a chance I have a SD/FF. first the game load and show a screen with instruction and fire to start. I push start and nothing. :-( need to swith back to voodoo screenmode and thats all.
Old 12 November 2006, 16:22   #15
Graham Humphrey

@Marco: Cheers, I still have the files and I've sent them to Rebel-CD32, so I don't need them yet. Thanks for the offer though

@mrodfr: Sorry to hear you're having probs, could you describe your exact setup?
Old 13 November 2006, 08:05   #16
mrodfr

hello,

I have AOS3.9bb2 with patches (mcp,blizzkick,kingcon,deficon,tooldeamons,....) and use mediator hardware with p96 and an dce SD/FF scanmagic.

I have tried a second time the game and maybe because I have autoenabled because switching to pal and the game allready start.

play a little and kill some ships and white screen.
hopefully, with muforce enabled, I have catched the hits.

attached here.
Attached Files
File Type: lha hits.lha (1.2 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by mrodfr; 13 November 2006 at 09:57.
Old 13 November 2006, 10:05   #17
mrodfr

hello,

some questions, graham:

- why not using amiblitz 2.45 ???? (soon V2.51 betatested also by me)
- why not using thilo kholer amiblitz libs for making this game working on all screenmode (even gfx mode) ????
- why not joining the english amiblitz yahoogroups ML and discuss with thilo kholer for doing that with him ????

if you search gfx makers who haven't PAL screen on their classics amiga (like mine verry recently). It's better to found help if the game work on graphic card also IMHO.
Old 16 November 2006, 20:25   #18
Graham Humphrey

To be honest, I'm not sure if the problem is OS3.9 or the gfx card (or both?). I'll definitely try and find more playtesters with graphics cards.

As for your other points:

I've got Blitz 2.1 and the Blitz Support Suite installed, I guess it would be too much hassle to update it when I don't really need it. Is 2.45 fully compatible with 2.1? What else does it offer?

I should say that this is an AGA game, designed to use the AGA chipset of the Amiga, like an old commercial game. I don't have any plans currently to write a version that specifically supports all screenmodes and gfx cards, sorry. I'm really interested in using the classic Amiga hardware.
Old 17 November 2006, 12:35   #19
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
To be honest, I'm not sure if the problem is OS3.9 or the gfx card (or both?). I'll definitely try and find more playtesters with graphics cards.

As for your other points:

I've got Blitz 2.1 and the Blitz Support Suite installed, I guess it would be too much hassle to update it when I don't really need it. Is 2.45 fully compatible with 2.1? What else does it offer?

I should say that this is an AGA game, designed to use the AGA chipset of the Amiga, like an old commercial game. I don't have any plans currently to write a version that specifically supports all screenmodes and gfx cards, sorry. I'm really interested in using the classic Amiga hardware.
the problem is os3.9 or 060. I use the game on my amiga with PAL because I have also a sd/ff and a monitor with 2 inputs. It's not a gfx cards problem.

amiblitz 2.45 is fully compatible with 2.1. you have colors for instructions, new interface, deflibs and amigalibs corrected,.... see the attached picture.
the best for you is to install last version on aminet or on www.amiforce.de an see.

It's bad to would like to do a game for a gfx system available for few poeple. most use gfx cards and some of them have sd/ff. sure some allways have allways AGA but IMHO It's hard to found someone for GFX is this person know is for AGA only and he don't have AGA on his computer.

maybe you could look on the game and utility made by thilo kholer with blitz basic for gfx cards on his internet site: http://www.hd-rec.de/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PED_V25rc14.png
Views:	374
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	12499  
Old 18 November 2006, 11:25   #20
Graham Humphrey

Actually, it's very likely to be an 060 problem, as I've read that Blitz 2.1 is unstable with an 060 (I use an 040).

Thanks for all the info about AmiBlitz, I may well give it a go soon.