English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 22 February 2012, 17:14   #1
SuperNashwan

Workbench floppy

Hello there,

I've just had my trusty old A1200 and several boxes of floppies returned to me after 15 years in a loft. Unfortunately, most of my system disks are missing. I have no idea where they have gone (fortunately most of my games and data disks still seem to be there).

My plan is to transfer my old DPaint images and animations and some other documents to my PC using Amiga Explorer via a null modem cable link but as I understand it I need to boot the Amiga with Workbench to begin this process.

Does anyone know anywhere I can get hold of a copy of workbench on a floppy? (I'm based in London if that makes a difference)

Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 22 February 2012, 17:48   #2
MrCheese

AmigaKit seem to be out of stock, so do Vesalia so eBay is a good place to look at the moment e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMIGA-OS-v...item256c935a11 or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amiga-A120...item1e6b6f2126
Old 22 February 2012, 18:02   #3
thomas

Don't you have any bootable floppy disk with serial drivers on it so that you can install AExplorer and then create Workbench floppies from images (from Amiga Forever if available or downloaded from some dubious internet site)?
Old 22 February 2012, 21:20   #4
SuperNashwan

Thanks for your replies.

I tried a few bootable floppies for serial drivers by typing:

Type SER: to RAM:Setup

(as instructed by the Amiga Explorer setup program) into a command line. But the command was not recognized so I assumed there were no serial drivers. Is that correct?

£25 seems very steep for software I've bought before, twice, that I'll probably only use once. Is that the going rate? I can buy a whole Amiga system and boxes of software including workbench for less than that. Just seems a bit over the top!
Old 22 February 2012, 21:28   #5
Gordon
Settler

It is over the top. Go to www.amibay.com WANTED section im sure someone will do you a cheap deal
Old 22 February 2012, 21:34   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I can send you some WB 3.0 Disks if it helps, PM me your address and I'll get them off to you ASAP, I don't have time to test all 5 Disks back to back but I'll make sure the Workbench 3.0 Disk boots