English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 09 July 2004, 20:59   #1
Tolismlf

Question Where is the Amiga spirit of the 90's?

Where is the Amiga spirit of the 90's?
All this enthusiasm...
Is it gone because everybody was trying to make money from our beloved computer......????
Why?
I want to hear your opinion.
Old 10 July 2004, 00:20   #2
Jim

Good question.

However much I get into playing a game it is never the same as back then.

You cannot emulate life, you cannot emulate age. We all grow up and life changes.

Old 11 July 2004, 19:18   #3
oldpx

The answer is in the question itself. That was 90s and it's gone now pretty much like anything will. Reading this sentence over and over, I want to believe it isn't true but it likely is. Let's hope there are exceptations!

Old 12 July 2004, 07:33   #4
Amiga1992

Like, you answered yoru own question. Why do people try to keep living in the past? I enjoy very much my Amiga and its old games with much enthusiasm but that is NOW and it has nothing to do with back then.

Step off the time capsule.
Old 12 July 2004, 20:49   #5
Marcuz

the sex you can have now will be retro enough when you'll be 70 years old
Old 13 July 2004, 16:35   #6
Jim

As long as I transfer all the old camcorder VCR's onto a new format such as DVD then I'll still be able to enjoy them Could even add a 90's soundtrack. Retro indeed.

££ offers considered for copies

Old 13 July 2004, 16:41   #7
cv643d

For my own part I was very enthusiastic about the Amiga from 97 to 2000, I went through lots of Amigas and such but to tell the truth I was always going back to my PC even though I had a 060 and CV643D in my A4000. The Amiga didnt live up to its hype as the better machine in my opinion.
Also nothing came out of the various buyers who bought Amiga. Just lots of bullshit. Another huge dissapointment was the Boxer, I had this spare 060 chip I had saved that I was going to use with a Boxer. This Mick Tinker guy, I wonder how this guy works, and how his head works since no info appeard about the Boxer, sans an Amiga Format article and the good bye letter on the web. I waited 4 years for this?

Also I met quite a few Amiga fanatics with crazy opinions. They where also very ugly, smelly and geeky, some with huge beards, some young, and some old but still as geeky. Amiga fanatics used to be famous for their firm opinions, I wonder what hapened to them, did they start using Linux?
I didnt want to be part of the Amiga community that consisted of unfriendly dorks.
Old 13 July 2004, 16:49   #8
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv643d
Also I met quite a few Amiga fanatics with crazy opinions.
I don't know about opinions, but Akira has strange taste in music.

Quote:
They where also very ugly, smelly and geeky, some with huge beards, some young, and some old but still as geeky.
Akira has a beard.

Quote:
Amiga fanatics used to be famous for their firm opinions, I wonder what hapened to them, did they start using Linux?
Nope, Akira uses one of those horrible 1-mouse-button computers!

Quote:
I didnt want to be part of the Amiga community that consisted of unfriendly dorks.
Akira buys me drinks sometimes, and always makes sure I get home OK after too many Whiskolas

Old 13 July 2004, 17:25   #9
Jim

Anyhow, moderators wake up !

Shouldn't this thread be in Nostalgia & Memories, or even Off Topic ?

[edit]Thank you , I'll wake you up again if I spot anything else! [/edit]

Last edited by Jim; 13 July 2004 at 17:35.

Old 13 July 2004, 17:35   #10
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Moved from prb.Apps to Nostalgia & memories!
Old 13 July 2004, 18:51   #11
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Like, you answered yoru own question. Why do people try to keep living in the past? I enjoy very much my Amiga and its old games with much enthusiasm but that is NOW and it has nothing to do with back then.

Step off the time capsule.
Perfectly said.
I like to add, that EXCUSE ME, one of the reasons the Amiga collapsed was the piracy.
Computers are manufactured for profit. Money is the driving force behind the creation of Amiga, Apple, Windows, etc.
Old 13 July 2004, 18:53   #12
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Also I met quite a few Amiga fanatics with crazy opinions. They where also very ugly, smelly and geeky, some with huge beards, some young, and some old but still as geeky. Amiga fanatics used to be famous for their firm opinions, I wonder what hapened to them, did they start using Linux?
Yes, fanatics suck. The Mac community is easily the hippest, best looking, non bearded bunch. Just look at a typical person with an iBook at Starbucks, for example.
Old 13 July 2004, 20:09   #13
Marcuz

lol at jim's akira portrait