English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 07 October 2022, 12:53   #1
ZEUSDAZ

Shit Game Time: Renegade (C64), pass my ear plugs!

Well this edition will cause some level of controversy I'm sure, this version of Renegade is like Marmite,...you'll either love it or hate it.

This was a paid request by youtuber "William Harrison" who feels this is a terrible version of the arcade (mind you the arcade wasn't that great either) and to the point feels It's easily the weakest out of the main 8-bit versions,...and after playing it I AGREE!,...THAT DAMN MUSIC for starters!

Over blocky graphics, music worse than receiving a good dose of Chinese water torture, terrible collision detection, goofy looking boss heads and fiddly controls, the only good thing about this was the awesome Ocean loader music.
I'm off to play the glorious 128k Spectrum version to get this Satan's bottom taste out of my mouth YUK!

RENEGADE SGT VIDEO REVIEW: [ Show youtube player ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	renegade c64 william(1).jpg
Views:	27
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	76776  

Last edited by ZEUSDAZ; 07 October 2022 at 13:12.