English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 September 2004, 15:41   #1
thige

save Dungeon master game

Hi , i just come to get my registration key for whdload .
I installed version 16.3 , and i have tried to play my old favorite game , dungeon master . The problem is that i can't save game , The readme file says "Load/save on HD" , but i can't get it work . , when i format the disk and save the game , when i want to reload it , it says disk unreadable, what must i do to save game ?

I tried blacksect , When i want to save , it says insert savegame , how can i save , must i insert a real floppy disk ?? I thought it would save on HD.

Thank you for you help.

I'm using a real amiga with bppc in case it help .

Old 20 September 2004, 16:01   #2
RetroMan

Both installs should save directly to HD, Black Sect for example uses a file called "blacksect.save" instead of a floppy disk ! You donĀ“t have to insert a floppy at any time for saving .....
Old 20 September 2004, 16:10   #3
Solo Kazuki

> I installed version 16.3 , and i have tried to play my old favorite game , dungeon master .
> The problem is that i can't save game , The readme file says "Load/save on HD" , but i can't get it work .

It's very weird, because WHDLoad made savedisk file while installation. Did you install this game properly?

> when i format he disk

WHAT format? Where? Why?

BTW: Maybe you better download alredy installed version?
Old 20 September 2004, 16:28   #4
thige

well , i didn't make the install myself , i downloaded the tosec archive with emule , when i said i format the disk , it's in the save game panel in dungeon master, you can format the disk.

Old 20 September 2004, 16:34   #5
thige

well , i made mistake , it's blackcrypt instead blacksect

Old 20 September 2004, 17:12   #6
thige

solo why do you say whdload make a savedisk ? where is it ? i can't find it

Old 20 September 2004, 18:16   #7
thige

ok , i found why i couldn't reload a saved game , in fact when i select quit the game and select country language in the beginning , if i select french , it doesn't work, don't load game. If i select english then the save game is loaded . But now i have a new problem , once the game is saved , when i quit the game to WB screen by typing on the F10 key , and want to start it again , now i have a old screen blue , like wb1.3 , and get the cli win , and a system message display " not a dos disk in unit 0" , like if the save game erased the game image disk. I don't understand ,i think i'm going to play with my old floppy , it's slower but it work , emulation of floppy in whdload doenst work well with game that need to save game , or i missed something.

Old 20 September 2004, 22:18   #8
Solo Kazuki

> solo why do you say whdload make a savedisk ?

Well... maybe because it's make a savedisk? :P

> where is it ?

It's in directory with game

(My Dir)

Directory Gry:RPG/Dungeon Master

Disk.1
Disk.2
Dungeon Master.info
Dungeon Master.readme
Dungeon Master.readme.info
DungeonMaster.slave

It's this "Disk.2" (as you probably know, game is on 1 disk)

> i can't find it

So... did you install it correctly?
Old 20 September 2004, 22:22   #9
oldpx

you're making a mistake. whdload games might request you to insert your save disks while installing but this is done ONLY IF you want to use your old saves from an old save disk. you are NOT REQUIRED to have prepared a psyhical save disk installing a whdload game and you shouldn't insert a real disk in drive while saving a whdload game. The game might request a disk, just act as if it is inserted, it will create a save disk as a disk image on your harddisk and save there.

Old 20 September 2004, 22:25   #10
Solo Kazuki

> well , i made mistake , it's blackcrypt instead blacksect

And what's the problem? As i reassume, you not install this game correctly too.

(My Dir)

Directory Gry:RPG/Black Crypt

Data (Dir)
Black Crypt.info
BlackCrypt.Slave
List of Spells
List of Spells.info

Directory Gry:RPG/Black Crypt/Data

Disk.1
Disk.2
Disk.3
Disk.4

And this "Disk.4" is a savedisk.
Old 20 September 2004, 22:45   #11
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki
And this "Disk.4" is a savedisk.
Which the game produces itself.

Old 20 September 2004, 23:23   #12
thige

ok , after a lot of try , i found the problem . It's the HD partition where my games are installed . If i move the folder in ram or in my WB partition , all is working fine , but all my games are installed in another partition ,MDH0 i tried to add the path , but noway , any idea ??

Old 20 September 2004, 23:37   #13
oldpx

It doesn't matter where you keep the game folder as long as the folder structre is intact.

Old 20 September 2004, 23:53   #14
Solo Kazuki

> Which the game produces itself.

No. WHDLoad installer do it. Disk MUST be named "GameSave", and installer made clean disk (image) with name "GameSave".
Old 20 September 2004, 23:59   #15
thige

I'm not crazy , i let the structure has it is , if i execute the game in the partition MDH0: the game lauch , but it's impossible to save a game ,blackcrypt or dungeonmaster , it's the same , DM tells me after a save when i try to load the game that the disk is unreadable , and blackcrypt ask insert gamesave disk . Then i just move the folder in ram: or Workbench: (it's my system partition) then all run fine , blackcrypt save normally , and DM too.

Old 20 September 2004, 23:59   #16
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by thige
ok , after a lot of try , i found the problem . It's the HD partition where my games are installed . If i move the folder in ram or in my WB partition , all is working fine , but all my games are installed in another partition ,MDH0 i tried to add the path , but noway , any idea ??
Is this partition on the same HD unit as your WB partition?
And how do you try to run game? How named is your WB partition (device name)?
Old 21 September 2004, 00:15   #17
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki
> Which the game produces itself.

No. WHDLoad installer do it. Disk MUST be named "GameSave", and installer made clean disk (image) with name "GameSave".
Ok if you're so sure I won't insist but I've many whdload games installed and never had a situation like that, apart from it, it doesn't sound logical to be obligated to have a save disk.

Old 21 September 2004, 00:29   #18
oldpx

What happens when you actually SKIP the save disk request while installing. If the installer doesn't stop, logic says it is also possible to have it created in game.

Old 21 September 2004, 00:33   #19
thige

the partition where the game are is MDH0: and his name is MDH0: on this partition , i can't save game.
The partition where everything work is MDH1: and his name is Workbench: in fact it's the system partition.

I launch the game in the wb screen by clicking the icon of the game.

i have discover something else .

I haven't installed all those games . I downloaded a rar archive with all the games already installed in it and compacted. I have just unlha to my partition . I thought the archive was corrupted or that it was a bad install of the game , then i took my real floppy of DM , and took the install on www.whdload.de , and i have installed it (always on mdh0 . When the installation finished , i have tried to launch the game and surprise , system message tell me "not a dos disk in df0" , weird no ?

Old 21 September 2004, 00:38   #20
oldpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by thige
well , i didn't make the install myself , i downloaded the tosec archive with emule , when i said i format the disk , it's in the save game panel in dungeon master, you can format the disk.
tosec disks are not originals and you MUST use original disks with whdload. I still think you're going to the wrong direction blaming the folder location and such irrelevant things.