English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 July 2013, 00:34   #1
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

Shadowlands - lever sequence help

Hi, hope I can still find someone who remembers completing Shadowlands.

I'm stuck on level... six I think. There are several wandering skeletons who are rather easy to kill, most of them release a bow once killed... and several doors that require a puzzle to be solved in order to open.

There is one with four levers in sequence. Each lever stays down only a few seconds after being pulled. You can buy a hint for 9 coins, and the hint is "2-4-3-1". That seems to be the order the levers should be pulled, and a few walkthroughs I found around seem to confirm this. However:
  1. Is the numbering supposed to be from left to right (i.e. second, fourth, third, first) or from right to left?
  2. I've tried pulling the levers in sequence both ways and as quickly as possible. I tried everything, including synchronising the four characters, and pausing the game after pulling each lever so I would have the time to switch characters. I managed to pull each lever before the previous one would go back up. Still, the damn door won't open.

I've spent days trying this one over and over again. Can anyone remember how to solve it?

Screenshot attached. Thanks!

EDIT: I should note that, rather ominously, no longplay video seems to be around for this game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shadowlands.gif
Views:	429
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	35988  

Last edited by Kurtz; 10 July 2013 at 01:30.
Old 17 July 2013, 01:50   #2
Kurtz
No right to judge him.

Ok I eventually managed, but what did I have to go through.

Basically the lever ordering is from right to left, but the timing has to be crazy. Since I was on WinUAE I had to drop the CPU speed to a minimum in order to guarantee that each character pulled his lever right after the previous one...