English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 09 February 2003, 14:42   #1
Mojo2000

Question Forcing games to take up full screen?

I know that in the good old days, there was no such thing as scalable graphics (my term) to always fill the screen, independent of resolution. That might explain why many games only take up a small fraction of my screen space when I have my Workbench running at 1024 x 768.

The thing is, I have been playing Dune II for a good long while now - it's such great fun! - but I am getting tired of missed clicks due to the small pixel size. My hands, fingers and wrists are getting stiff due to coiled nerves. I DID try ScreenMode to change Workbench to 640 x 480 (yick, scroll scroll scroll), but the game still takes up only half-height in both cases.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there no way to force games to take up the full screen area? My thanks to you in advance for information on this topic.

P.S. WinUAE 0.8.22.4 "lame-ulation," Amiga Forever 5.1, OS 3.1... AGA on.

Old 09 February 2003, 14:46   #2
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6325
Old 09 February 2003, 15:59   #3
Mojo2000

Big grin Yayyyyy!

OK! Just by enabling the OpenGL I was able to force Dune II to take up the whole screen. It did improve the appearance measurably, but the downside is that there is still not a heck of a lot on screen. There's nothing we can do about that while in "Amiga mode," however. :-|

Thanks a bunch. How interesting that this was being worked out in another thread.

I was under the impression that OpenGL somehow didn't work for my computer. I'd turn it on in the middle of a session and then I'd get these strange vertical bars on my screen. It was totally illegible and I had decided that this just something to avoid. I guess the trick is to enable before starting emulation.