English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 28 June 2007, 15:28   #1
Michael G

Question controllers with whdload in Gamebase v1.4

I am currently using Gamebase Amiga V1.4 as my frontend for Winuae.

When I load the ADF version of a game the correct default config loads and the controller (a USB gamepad) operates correctly within the game.
The GEMUS config #1 is set to WinUAE v1.4.2a (Joystick)

However, when I load a whdload version of the same game the config defaults to keyboard layout B (currently set to config #3 in GEMUS).

Can anyone help me so that I don't have to manually change the controller config everytime I load a game

thanks in advance.
Old 28 June 2007, 16:41   #2
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

The scripts were only designed to set the controller for adf/ipfs, I'll see what I can do about setting it for WHDLoad games as well for the next release.

In the meantime just load the WHDLoad.uae config which is in your gamebase amiga directory, set the control to joystick, and then using save as, save the config back to the gamebase amiga directory.

From then on it will default to those settings.

The same is true for any other settings not controlled by gamebase, like resolution, whether it's fullscreen or not, disk drive noises etc.
Old 28 June 2007, 17:06   #3
Michael G

thanks Belgarath for the quick response
Old 28 June 2007, 17:16   #4
Michael G

worked perfectly - thanks
Old 12 July 2007, 00:33   #5
krutknut

But what about a game of pinball?

I've buit an arcade control board with pinball buttons on the sides, buttons 0 and 1, shared with the normal buttons 0 and 1.

Can I have a special whdload-config file just for the pinball games?
(or should I re-wire my board? how?)
Old 23 July 2007, 23:22   #6
krutknut

Nevermind, I figured that I can always use Xpadder to re-assign the buttons.
(I wouldn't mind if one config/game could be implemented at some time though...)
Old 23 July 2007, 23:35   #7
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Sorry but I never really understood the question, is it detected as a joystick, as a mouse what?

But even then I don't know of any pinball games that use anything but the keyboard..so if you can configure the pinball buttons to act as the left and right shift keys that should work for 90% of the pinball games.
Old 25 July 2007, 11:04   #8
krutknut

It's an usb arcade stick, the common Ultrastik 360 with 10 buttons in a traditional fighting/neo-geo/pinball layout, in a metal case.

Yes, I can re-assign the buttons, so that the pinball buttons (1 and 2) are assigned to the shift keys, and stick down is mapped to mouse down, and stick left and right are mouse button 1. But it seems that there is only one whdload config file (I mean the WinUAE config where I map the keys) that is shared for all whdload games. So, if I do this, then all other games will have the same config. And for other games I want button 1 to just be button 1, and the stick just to be the stick. Is it possible to have a special whdload config just for one game then?