English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 27 June 2013, 12:27   #1
hydravox

lost partitions in classicwb

hi i downgraded my classicwb setup last night i had classicwb adv but was using too much fast ram and i aint too bothered about the fancy stuff so i plugged the hd into my pc ran winuae and setup classicwb lite

i formatted my main partition and copied the classicwb files over, all done i thought. now the drive boots fine in the amiga but my 2 other partitions are not shown.

i try access them using dopus by typing dh1: and games: but says memory error at the top and does not show anything

if i put hd back into pc and load up the classicwb hardfile then it shows my drive with all 3 partitions and works fine but if i load just from the drive it just shows the main partition and thats it,

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 27 June 2013, 12:35   #2
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi!

Please supply some more info such as the size of your HDD and what file system you are using.

Your hardware, i.e A1200 and if you are using the native IDE or SCSI, etc.

Then we can help

Steve.
Old 27 June 2013, 12:42   #3
hydravox

sorry about that. im using an amiga 1200 with currently a 4mb ram card soon to be 8mb

got an 80gb 2.5" ide hd using sfs although i couldnt get the amiga to use the full 80gb so had 3 partitions 1gb main, just less than 4gb 2nd and same for 3rd, was working perfectly before i formatted :/
Old 27 June 2013, 12:46   #4
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Ok, you need to follow this procedure to patch the 'scsi.device'

[ Show youtube player ]

This will fix the issue on real hardware, UAE's scsi.device does this for you automatically. I suggest using Toni/Chris' version.

With this patch you can even use the entire HDD.

It's possible the partitions you made that you think are 4gb are in fact bigger due to 4gb wrap around, this happens in HDToolBox sometimes as you can miss it reset to 0 and start counting up again!

Good luck,

Steve.
Old 27 June 2013, 12:56   #5
hydravox

ahh thank you i get it now. i feel stupid lol i should of realised when i formatted the drive the scsi.device update will have gone now, one more question if you dont mind even when i used the scsi.device patch last time i still couldnt make the system see the full hd. would be nice if i could use the rest of the hd without having to wipe everything else off it takes sooooo long to copy the games to the amiga even in winuae lol. even if i could just create an extra partition on top of what i have with the rest of the drive
Old 27 June 2013, 13:05   #6
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydravox View Post
ahh thank you i get it now. i feel stupid lol i should of realised when i formatted the drive the scsi.device update will have gone now, one more question if you dont mind even when i used the scsi.device patch last time i still couldnt make the system see the full hd. would be nice if i could use the rest of the hd without having to wipe everything else off it takes sooooo long to copy the games to the amiga even in winuae lol. even if i could just create an extra partition on top of what i have with the rest of the drive
Yes you should be able to create more partitions in HDToolBox for the rest of the space

Once you have done the scsi patch run check4gb (it's included in Classic Workbench) and you'll find in the same place as the updated scsi.device's, that will tell you if indeed your patch is successful
Old 28 June 2013, 08:33   #7
Turran

The check4gb (1.4) that comes with ClassicWB is a bit buggy though. Grab 1.6 for better results

http://thomas-rapp.homepage.t-online...s/check4gb.lha

Reference: http://eab.abime.net/support-hardwar...pfs-020ds.html

Not sure why its not updated on aminet
Old 11 August 2013, 18:26   #8
Bloodwych

I'll update this (check4gb) in the next packs - it needs replacing on Aminet as you said, as many will be downloading the older version.