English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 July 2004, 22:36   #1
Tolismlf

Exclamation Amiga 500 to scart problem

Hi everybody.
I am trying to build myself a scart cable to connect my trusty A500 to a Phililps 14" Tv i have (the model is 14PT1353) but it seems to fail.
At last i managed to see graphics after trying some schematics that all were wrong and some lucky combinations, but after a while a shadow at the screen started to move slightly upwards as the normal amiga graphics were ok.
Any idea?
Old 09 July 2004, 09:27   #2
EmuChicken

there is a lead available, I found the one for my A500+ from a carboot myself, I'm not too sure how its built, but it comes from the RF Modulator port (sort of like a parallel cable port) and then connects to the left + right audio inputs , and then finally to scart

Tried looking on aminet btw? should maybe be some guides on there
Old 09 July 2004, 12:50   #3
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolismlf
Hi everybody.
I am trying to build myself a scart cable to connect my trusty A500 to a Phililps 14" Tv i have (the model is 14PT1353) but it seems to fail.
At last i managed to see graphics after trying some schematics that all were wrong and some lucky combinations, but after a while a shadow at the screen started to move slightly upwards as the normal amiga graphics were ok.
Any idea?
You might need the "mode change" signal (too lazy to look up the pin and correct signal name now) in the scart cable for the TV to switch to AV mode properly.

It's a certain voltage on a certain pin of the scart connector.. www.hardwarebook.net has the pinouts and also a scart cable schematic that should work.
Old 11 July 2004, 19:00   #4
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

TV has to be set to RGB and probably also to AV mode to accept RGB signal at the SCART connector !
Either your TV can be switched to these modes, or you have to switch it by applying defined voltages at certain pins on the SCART connector. ( also too lazy to look it up now, but I think voltage levels are different on each TV )
Also on some TVs switching to videotext puts them into RGB mode
Old 20 July 2004, 09:57   #5
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Sometimes called "RGB Select", sometimes called "transparancy gate" sometimes called "fast blanking" and it DOES need to be driven.

The Amiga doesnt have Composite out on the Video connector and so Amiga SCART cables have no fall back if either your SCART socket doesnt do RGB or it is expecting to use composite if there is no "RGB select" signal driven.

It's PIN16 on the SCART socket and should be driven between 1v & 3v to select RGB, connect it to pin 22 on the Amiga socket via a 150 Ohm resistor.