English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 23 February 2018, 21:24   #1
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers AGA

'Eyt up, all.

I'm trying to capture footage of this for the next PortsCenter, and it's giving me a Hell of a time. I've tried a number of AGA configurations and I run into the same problems each time. Either:
  • the game dumps me to a DOS prompt after the intreo (likely a fast RAM shortage),
  • the game crashes immediately upon starting a fight, or
  • the game locks up during a fight, with one of the two player sprites disappearing and reappearing every few seconds.

Now I know I've gotten this game to work because I have about fifteen minutes of footage captured already, but I need more and I keep running into these issues. I've mostly gotten over the first two, but the third keeps popping up. Originally I thought it was because I was emulating a CD32 controller, but that's not causing the issue this time.

I'm using WinUAE 64-bit, which I know had some issues a couple of years ago but I've not really kept up-to-date with WinUAE development.

Any suggestions?
Old 23 February 2018, 21:34   #2
Amiga1992

Have you tried using the CD32 version in a CD32 config?
SOmeone made a CD version of it, I am pretty sure. Actually the "fixed" version with better palette and all that.
Pretty sure it's this one in the FTP;
Commodore_Amiga/Misc/The Zone!/S/SuperStreetfighter2DX_AGA.ISO
Old 23 February 2018, 21:46   #3
squirminator2k

That's a great idea, but that improved palette precludes the possibility of its use - I need to capture footage from the original release itself for the purposes of this video.
Old 23 February 2018, 21:49   #4
DamienD
Banned

squirminator2k; grab my bare-bones / self-booting .HDF from here: ftp://grandis.nu/~Uploads/DamienD/HDFs/

...and here's my configuration file which you can tweak to your needs in terms of paths / aesthetical display / filters if desired

Never had any of those issues you describe.
Attached Files
File Type: uae Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers [AGA].uae (11.1 KB, 44 views)
Old 23 February 2018, 22:38   #5
squirminator2k

That appears to have sorted it! Thanks, DamienD!