English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 25 May 2003, 14:12   #1
leongt

Question HD games

I've seen lots of amiga HD games on the net but after downloading one I discovered that thay are not in adf format and are to big to fit on a 720k disk, how can I change them to adf format, becouse I use a program called tequilla to transfer them to my amiga then copy them back to original amiga disk's.
Old 25 May 2003, 14:29   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Transferring hard disk-installed Amiga games back to ADFs to write to floppies makes little sense, because:

- as you point out, some are larger than 720K and most likely were installed to hard disk from more than one floppy disk. In this case, you would have to work out which files should go back on which floppies, as well as naming the disks correctly.

- the games are perhaps from CDs, are large and weren't meant to be run from floppies.

- if the games are WHDLoad installs, then the process is usually one way. They won't go back onto floppy disks and if they did you would probably just have an original copy of the game, with no way to get past the copy protection.

In general, you would be better off looking for ADF versions of the HD games that you have found.

If you can, forget about floppies on real Amigas - they are a nightmare! A perfect solution would be an A1200 with extra memory, accelerator, hard disk, WHDLoad and a CD-ROM drive (to transfer HD games to the Amiga).
Old 25 May 2003, 16:55   #3
haynor666
retro maniac

WHDLoad - very comfortable !!!

leongt, please register this.
Old 23 June 2003, 01:12   #4
Parsec

Re: HD games

Quote:
Originally posted by leongt
I've seen lots of amiga HD games on the net but after
Where?????

My "Amiga Technologies" A1200 doesn't seem to let me make WHDLoad installs of floppy games (even originals), I could do with finding ready-rolled WHDLoad installs to download, they work a treat