View Single Post
Old 27 January 2012, 17:49   #21
Bloodwych

News

Had some spare time, so what better way to spend it than working on updating the ClassicWB packs!

The biggest change this round is the addition of a WB 1.3 theme to the GAAE, 68K and LITE packs. I originally came up with the idea whilst watching a youtube vid and started on it a while back as mentioned in this thread. Real life got in the way and it got put on the back burner until recently. Well, it's now out and will hopefully come in useful to some of you - would look great running on a minimig. Also looks surprising nice on an AGA machine with copper backgrounds enabled.

The other packs gained some minor changes, nothing major and I wouldn't bother re-installing from scratch unless you really fancy it or just have to have the latest. Some of you will have heavily customized ClassicWB's, and it's just not worth the hassle for such minor differences.

ADVSP, P96, OS35 or OS39 users may want to copy across the new "Icons" drawer - spent a while tidying that up and converting the icons to project files (some were invisible disks or drawers without drawers).

For the GAAE, 68K, LITE, OS35 and OS39 users, the S/Toolsdaemon prefs file might take your fancy as I changed some of the options under "Actions", adding functionality. I also attempted to fix the Others menu crash, only time will tell if it works for everyone. I found two things that can cause this. The first was using execute in ToolsDaemon to start the OthersMenu script - it had to be launched in a separate process which it now is; also never leave the OthersMenu text file completely empty - at the very least, press return once in the text file when editing it if you have nothing to add and want it blank. All the packs have at least one entry in the text file as a default setting.

The other changes are listed below and relatively straightforward - as I said, nothing major apart from the addition of WB 1.3 themes which I spent most time on this round.

Ok, that's it. Signing off until next time!

v27
  • GAAE/68K/LITE Workbench 1.3 Themes added
  • UAE version updated to latest WinUAE with brand new configurations
  • WHDLoad updated to latest v17
  • ADVSP P96 OS35 OS39 Icon drawer tidied up
  • scsi.device drivers in MyFiles/largeHD drawer updated
  • Added PFS filesystem to MyFile/LargeHD - now open source!
  • ToolsDaemon/LazyBench "Other" menu crash fixed in non-Scalos versions
  • Packmaster added to GAAE and 68k versions
  • GAAE, 68k, LITE, OS35, OS39 popup menus have added functionality
  • Cardreset & Cardpatch added to C drawer
  • Icontype, CopyReplacer (renamed to CopyX) added to C drawer
  • Install scripts have more user-selectable options with detailed descriptions
  • OS35/9 CyberBugFix is now a user-selectable option, with warning about ScummVM
  • OS35/9 default icons have better window sizes and "View All" icons enabled
  • Default Copper background colour changed in LITE FULL ADV to better blend with icons
  • UAE Control Added to MyFiles (Control WinUAE from within Workbench)
  • Various small updates to Workbench enable/disable components scripts

Last edited by Bloodwych; 31 January 2012 at 01:16.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.06667 seconds with 10 queries