View Single Post
Old 29 August 2013, 18:36   #23
GlennCorpes

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
thanks for your post,
could you please tell us why the amiga version was canceled ?
I thought I'd explained this above but I'll spell it out again.

I suspect that what happened was something like this, though I'm filling in gaps in a vague 20+year old memory here:

We had some guys from CU Amiga visiting. The Amiga mags had always been very good to Bullfrog back when we were an 'Amiga first' company. We were just switching over to being a 'PC first' company and all of the core dev people were working on PC stuff. The entire Amiga team consisted of one or two programmers porting Syndicate and Theme Park.

We didn't want to appear to be not focused on being great Amiga developers so when the journalist(s) were shown around the office to see what we were working on, they'd have seen that early version of Magic Carpet running on a PC and asked if it would also make it to Amiga.

Someone fed them some bullshit. I'm not even accusing Peter of this, as I said above it's very likely that I said it could probably be done because the rumours about CD32 (which maybe didn't even exist yet) were that it had a byte-per-pixel mode or a hardware chunky to planer convertor or something.

The reason it never happened is that it was never going to happen. Presumably by the time Magic Carpet was in full development IF we had considered an Amiga version we'd have quickly judged the market of capable Amigas (if there even were any) to be too small to bother with. Sorry to disappoint.

Page generated in 0.31906 seconds with 11 queries