Thread: PFS3 Install
View Single Post
Old 20 December 2010, 11:29   #14
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Make sure that you don't have a partition or disk which is named Help. Help is needed to be an assign, not a device or volume.

Also I wonder why you needed to copy your boot partition forth and back although this seems to be a fresh install on a new harddrive. Backup / format / restore is needed if you want to change the file system of a partition. But if you do a fresh installaltion you can use the desired file system from the beginning. Just copy the pfs3ds file to a floppy disk before you start and use it for initial partitioning of the new HDD.
I did the installation in two CF HD (yes, perhaps I'm repeating steps in the "guide", because it's a mixture of both installations). A 16Gb Sandisk new (the one I bought to sustitute the 32Gb Transcend one) and the Transcend in which I had already tried to install it, which is were I found more problems.

I asked before how to do it with an Emergency disk, as I didn't know. I thought that you needed the PFS3 previously installed to make the partitions just to have it serialized. If I can make them just copying the PFS3ds (or in WinUAE with a PC drawer) and use them it's going to be a lot easier now, as I want to install it in 3 more CF... (all).

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 December 2010 at 23:49.

Page generated in 0.05475 seconds with 11 queries