View Single Post
Old 11 November 2017, 15:06   #27
Amimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetsu View Post
1. that is buld in can't do nothing about that but you can answer what ever you like in there if you don't like it.
I've never been a sysop myself so I speak purely from a user's standpoint (as well as that of somebody who's experimented with this type of software), yet I find it somewhat difficult to believe there's not a single BBS server package out there that offers more flexibility on this respect. Either way, I'd rather not register at all than go through more of this nonsense, which i understand used to serve a legitimate purpose back in the day, but it no longer does.

Quote:
2. i like to play them you do not have to
Personally I'd rather see more time going into ironing out the problems that will inevitably arise in the process of getting a BBS up and running than have it go to waste setting up this useless thing.

Quote:
3. it's part of art scene of BBS and again i like it
If it's an Amiga-oriented BBS, I'd say it should look and feel Amiga. There's quite a few generic, ANSI-friendly BBS' out there, but the authentic Amiga ones are pretty rare and seldom ever live long enough to build up a user base.

Quote:
4. even i have 10000 files in there no one care but i like save my stuff in there
If no one but you cares about these files, a private ftp would probably suit you better.

Quote:
5. i think you prefer SSH. if i don't build totally new BBS sw this can't be done if you do not have source code of your BBS sw after that you need more horse power to your Amiga to run that thing and more memory.
and then i cut assess of 90% Amiga termina sw to log in my BBS

and what i do not like to do is buld some PC Synchronet BBS
there is no Amiga in there at all
I prefer it over plain text but not over a proper VPN because it doesn't allow for anonymous connections. Get behind a TOR router (either with a hardware solution or by interfacing your Amiga with a modern computer) and conduct business as usual. I access regular telnet BBS' like this without any trouble; no need for source codes or overpowered Amigas.

Page generated in 0.16580 seconds with 11 queries