View Single Post
Old 01 June 2019, 19:13   #16
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
No way in kitten's hell that this is running on an A500.
030 required at the very least, and even then...
Information taken from Kefir_Union's opening post on the PPA thread: https://www.ppa.pl/forum/strefa-gier...mp-amiga-yoomp

Quote:
Two years ago, by chance, I found the Yoomp record! on Youtube. I do not know what sued me more, the game itself or that in 2007 someone writes something for little Atari, my first computer. My imagination began to revolve around "how is it done?".
Amiga I have not had for 20 years but this computer I have the greatest sentiment and it's on it that I learned the assembler, playing with writing demos. After seeing Yoompa !, for purely entertainment purposes, treating it as a puzzle, I was wondering how such a game can be done on the Amiga. I came up with a few engines, one of which seemed so promising and original that I wanted to buy A1200 years later and write Yoomp! on the Amiga.
Conceptual work began in 2018. From January 19. I'm working quite hard on the game and today is the moment when I can show you something.
The game is at the stage where you can play. The tunnel surrounded by stardust is rendering, the ball is jumping, the fields are reacting. Control is a joystick right, left, fire - jump.
For now, it's only the first screenshots, I will show the video record after taking the level editor.

In relation to the original Atari, I have some changes. The most important thing is:

1. There are 16 tiles on the circumference, instead of 8.
2. In the Z axis you can see 10 tiles instead of 4, which allows you to plan your moves in advance.
3. There are special bonus boxes (orange), which changes the game's focus more on collecting points than just on survival.
4. There are new field types, e.g. causing some tiles to disappear.

The title will be "Jump!" because there was no game with this name on the Amiga.

Requirements are A1200 + 4MB Fast.
The game works in 320x256 resolution in 256 colors, 25fps.
The tunnel is bigger than the display window and moves with the ball movement, just like in the Stardust game.

Page generated in 0.05356 seconds with 11 queries