View Single Post
Old 04 March 2006, 13:39   #10
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Hehe,

no worries

Basically I'm reinstalling all the packs again, not just unpacking, repacking and renaming.

This is for a few reasons:

1 - a lot of the older packs have icons that are newer than newicons so do not show on my system, when I install the game I always use a newicon so I never get any little black/white boxes.

2 - a lot of the games now have 100% verified CAPS/SPS releases whereas some of the older games are installed from cracked adfs/altered disk images etc.

3 - a lot of the icons have their tooltypes messed around with, I tidy these up, including any CUSTOM tooltypes (with a description) - putting them in brackets so the user can simply enable them without adding them manually.

4 - It means I can trim the size of the site by quite a bit as there will be no different versions of the same game (to start with anyway - we'll see about the further updates afterwards).

5 - Zip is much easier for me to work with, having decent support on both PC and Amiga.

6 - The naming convention in my opinion is so much easier on the eye and gives more information to the user.

So there ya go!

Also... I'd still like to say a massive thanks to DeCreator in the first place, even though I'm redoing his packs, I'm still using a lot of the files from his installs and I wanted to thank him again for his efforts.

Page generated in 0.06045 seconds with 12 queries