View Single Post
Old 10 January 2017, 00:30   #11
bebbo
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post
I tried to build this last week. Run into a couple of problems I couldn't solve.
I made some notes, which I was intending to post after I got everything working:

1. The page has:
# git clone git://github.com/cahirwpz/amigaos-cross-toolchain.git
But this should be:
# git clone git://github.com/bebbo/amigaos-cross-toolchain.git
otherwise you will build gcc 2.95 like me :-)
Thanks updated.

Quote:
2. You are going to need 32bit gcc and libs (anyone know why?). Didn't keep all my notes but I needed at least these:
sudo apt-get install libgmp-dev:i386 libmpfr-dev:i386 libmpc-dev:i386 gcc-multilib g++-multilib
32 bit is required since the amigaos linker stuff seems not to work with 64 bit. There are fixes missing to replaces integers with 32 bit values -not 64 bit.

Quote:
3. Don't forget the "--gcc 6" parameter! It says it right at the top of the page but wasn't obvious to me.
added in readme

Quote:
4. You need a github account with a ssh key! I think this is because the scripts use ssh:// instead of https:// (which shouldn't be necessary for a RO checkout). You can add a key here: https://github.com/settings/ssh

After all this I get 2 errors.

Code:
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file '/home/paul/source/gcc6.2/amigaos-cross-toolchain/.build-m68k/host/man/man1/flex.1': No such file or directory
Makefile:180: recipe for target 'install.man' failed
It's not a rights issue. If I build a second time it continues...

GCC actually builds OK but libnix fails.
submodules/libnix/sources/stubs/../nix/misc/__request.c

The macros.h file does not work with gcc 6. I am using a different one, which I did not test yet with gcc 2.93. So I did not commit it yet...

... committed it without testing 2.93.

Then the libnix will build partially. Relative code is not yet working.

Last edited by bebbo; 10 January 2017 at 00:35.

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 11 queries