View Single Post
Old 09 June 2011, 18:16   #19
moijk
License to Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
If they are getting good numbers then they are using an expensive FPGA (expensive = much more than €60 which is the cost of an 060)
The 050 core apparently needs a bit of work before prime time, right now they seem to be focusing on getting the best benchmarks out of the 060 daughterboard.

The point with the natami is not only duplicate a 4000/060, but using modern memory and putting the coprocessors on stereoids get the most out of the arcitecture as possible. I have no idea about final price though.

Quote:
Has any true information about their 680x0 clone been shared with anyone (i.e. the price of the FPGA containing the CPU on their board, the source code for their CPU, the FPGA synthesis and mapping reports and system speed numbers?)
The price can be sourced by anyone familiar with fpga. I can't recall the exact fpga used, but they have at least mentioned the brand name if not exact model somewhere. Source is closed source.

Quote:
All I've seen are snippets of specs, techniques and ideas which anyone reasearching the subject could put together in a few days. No hard evidence / substantial work/prices related questions.
If your questioning if they actually have made progress in any way, I would say that is quite disrespectful.

I'd have to say I congratulate everyone spending their time with the Amiga or related technology. If someone actually gets something new to the markedplace that is better than escom and gateway ever did.

Page generated in 0.07092 seconds with 11 queries