View Single Post
Old 15 January 2014, 06:00   #36
Mark Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asle View Post
Anyway, I'm sure you get the idea. Now, I would have added Mark II sound system in this list

Sylvain
OK, I'm humble enough to partially take back what I said :-) There is some great stuff you've linked to that I'm amazed to say I've never heard before, and I always considered myself a bit of an authority on such things... thanks for the enlightenment!

Still though; for every one determined effort by a talented composer battling against a crippled system, there are 100 horrible, uninspired copycat derivatives based around it, which dilutes the pool of genuinely brilliant Amiga "chip" tunes somewhat.

I've made this point many times before, but I still maintain that while the liberation of creative freedom made possible by the Amiga, brought about via the drive for accessible "for the people" tools is to be celebrated, the reality of that legacy is that the pool of dross vastly outweighs the drips of genius.

Don't know why I'm suddenly so passionate about it! I think I'm just fed up of seeing recognition going in the wrong direction so often. All in my own personal opinion, of course!

Page generated in 0.04366 seconds with 11 queries