View Single Post
Old 12 October 2016, 13:23   #35
utri007
mä vaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Barthel View Post
Hang on, your home router is not providing WLAN access to your network, but the ZyXEL device is responsible for that?

Did you use the ZyXEL device before you changed the home router, or is the ZyXEL device a new addition to your network, too?

All Amigas use TCP/IP stacks which are technically 22-26 years old. They do most of what modern TCP/IP stacks can, but some aspects are missing (path MTU discovery, for example).

But it appears to me that the problems are less with the TCP/IP stack age and quality, and more with how the packets travel along your network.

It's puzzling for me how the packets which are used for mapping between IPv4 addresses and Ethernet hardware addresses (yes, that includes WLAN addresses as well) are generated on the Windows machine, yet they do not even show up on the Amiga side of the network.

Given that you can use your Amigas to access the Internet, but the home network is not carrying local traffic which is essential to the operations of the IP protocol, I reckon that either routing between physical networks could be the cause (wired network vs. wireless network), or a configuration option in one of the devices is not set correctly. This looks like a "software issue" to me, not like a hardware issue.
Sorry I was unclear. I don't have a wlan in my Sam 440ep, so it is connected with wire to Zyxel, wich is configured connect to Huawei with WLAN.

Page generated in 0.07486 seconds with 11 queries