View Single Post
Old 16 August 2018, 09:50   #18
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Don't forget that Rise of the Robots was coded by Sean Griffiths (ex Bitmap Brothers) who coded Magic Pockets (a coding masterpiece).

You really wonder what went wrong with all this. There's a "making of" in retrogamer, where they explained that Sean was assisted by trainees with little experience. That certainly explains a lot.

Time warner bosses must have thought that good music & sfx would have been enough... Programming can be subcontracted to Mars if the testing is good...

Hyped games, or ... most Psygnosis games with movie-like introduction? (Red Zone, Awesome, Walker, KGS ...)

Magic Pockets was an awesome game, they used to use it over here on Saturday morning kids tv as a phone in game you controlled with your home phone.

I don't feel conned at all, it was a privilege to own an Amiga back then as they were quite expensive. I didn't have to pay for games as my dad owned a computer shop, so he would just give them to us, if we asked.
After his shop closed, I used to save up pocket money and would get games ordered in special from a rival shop on the way home from school.

Life was so much more fun back then.

Page generated in 0.07688 seconds with 11 queries