View Single Post
Old 29 January 2016, 15:49   #44
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
A Gotek is an OK solution for those without much RAM, if you can stomach the loading times and the clunky virtual "disk swapping".

But all those games that didn't run on A600s becaue of KS2+ won't run with Gotek. Rmember the other function of WHDLoad besides hard drive installaiton, is fixing of games so that they would run in newer KS configs and machines with more RAM or faster CPUs.
I now have a Gotek.. for some reason Relokick didn't work on my system (it gives me a Guru instead of loading a different kickstart), but everything I tried to run on it, so ran without problems. I was really expecting more trouble with KS 2.1, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

So right now I have either the option to use WHDLoad with low memory or the Gotek with KS 2.1 . With this combination, the only game I tried and couldn't find a way to work was Arabian Nights. It gives me a "not enough memory" on WHDLoad and I can't change disks on this particular game with the Gotek.

I am kinda satisfied. Still want to get some fast ram at some point, but right now I am pretty happy with my setup

Page generated in 0.04385 seconds with 11 queries