View Single Post
Old 04 November 2019, 19:28   #29
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
As your main argument was, Python would be terribly slow, I mentioned Cython as an easy way to make it fast by using strong types.
Is my main argument that Python would be terribly slow ? No. Don't confuse me with someone else. This is only one point.

Quote:
Also any modules/libraries like NumPy, SciPy etc. contain compiled and optimized functions and are therefor fast.
And reusable components can be made to ease coding in asm, making it nearly as easy to work with as a high level language.
Does the language itself really matter that much ? No. When you know how to code, unless of severe design mistakes in the language it does not matter.

Quote:
So what is a good programming language in your opinion besides assembler?
I am afraid there is none (not even assembler, actually, but at least this one is fast and gives small executables).
I tried to create mine, but all attempts failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Usually you should know or use something that you talk about. From this I understand that you don't like Python even you never used it, and that is OK, you have right to have your own opinion, no matter how wrong or immature it is.
You seem to be emotionally involved here. Yes i know what i am talking about.
But you are overestimating how much i may dislike Python. I don't dislike it more than any other language. I just don't agree to people saying it's a pure wonder : it ain't better than the others.

Quote:
Sure, programming in assembly is far better (?) and all you need is few languages that can be used around it. That is why everything now day is programmed in assembly , right??
No, but you might eventually ask yourself why there are so many bloatwares today...
Remember that everything today is basically far, very far away, from theoretical max performance the machine is supposed to procure.

Quote:
We are pass time when programmer's main job was to find a way to run program fast enough to work for specific task or have enough memory/resources to run / be compiled.
Yes but we have passed from one extreme to the other : now programmers just don't care at all and write horrors.

Quote:
My only assembly experience is following assy tutorial here on EAB/youtube and it surely is something I like to do as hobby, but would never want to do anything similar as main job.
So something you like as a hobby, you'd dislike doing the same for a living ? It feels strange to me...

Quote:
Makes me wonder what you think of Java and Kotlin.
I won't answer to this. Wouldn't be polite

Quote:
Should we program Android and iOS in assy??
Considering the cpu architecture these have to run on, the answer is a big 'no'.
But if you can spend millions of $$$ to build a 68k-based handheld device, then i'd happily do asm on it.

Page generated in 0.05782 seconds with 11 queries