View Single Post
Old 04 January 2018, 13:54   #6
bugsymalone666
Amiga baby yeah!

Ok so when I say see the CD Drive, thats been the thing I cant see a CD drive as I dont have a CDFS yet, but from a SCSI drive point of view.

When I thought I was seeing it was this in HDToolbox (picture in the first post) where I saw 2 ID numbers 3 and 5. I know 3 is the HD so assumed 5 was the CD. This was on a WB2.1 install disk. With A590 HDTools you dont get this just ID3.

My setup is more like:
IBM<>internal A590 SCSI connector<>controller<>25pin External SCSI<>CDROM drive

So the IBM I think has active termination, which has never been enabled, the A590 I think has a set of passive resistor termination which are still in place. The CDROM has onboard passive termination which I tried, (2 sets of resistors) but removed and have an external passive on the data cable.

I also have a data tape drive too which I tried adding to the chain or removing the CDROM and putting it in place, but equally the Various HD toolboxes dont see it.

Then another instance I tried a long time back was moving the CDROM to the 590 connection inside and put the original Seagate drive in the CDROM case, I am pretty sure I could see that, but when replacing the Seagate with the IBM you couldnt.

Old SCSI seems really finicky, I'm sure when I was working with the stuff in 1997 it wasnt this bad!

Page generated in 0.11549 seconds with 11 queries