View Single Post
Old 13 September 2005, 18:44   #12
girv
Mostly Harmless

Did anyone ever buy one of these CDs? Or are we all too smart for that on here? I'm curious as to what exactly is on them but I'm also loathe to give them any money (and perhaps legitimise the whole shady business!) just to find out.

@those who reported the auctions to eBay: what did you say to get the auctions pulled?

eBay have a Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Programme that could be used to speed the removal of these auctions. As far as I understand it, "rights owners" - Wepl & the WHDLoad patch authors - need to fill in a form and fax it to eBay to join the programme and after that you can report infringing auctions easily by email. You can also authorise a 3rd party to act on your behalf in this respect so it would be possible for one person to be the authorised VeRO agent of every WHDLoad team member who objects to these CDs being sold for profit and be the single point of contact for reporting bad auctions.

I'll probably join up for my own interests, its no secret that these things seriously annoy me. Are there any other WHDLoad teamers on here who also object and would be interested in joining VeRO ?

Page generated in 0.04301 seconds with 11 queries