Thread: CDXL Toolkit
View Single Post
Old 27 October 2010, 07:14   #10
Cammy

I followed that guide back when it was online, and made a couple of CDXL videos that play on a 2X CDROM drive like the CD32. The videos are 320x64, which is doubled in height by the Copper to be 320x128, which is almost the full screen width and half the height, so it keeps roughly the same aspect ratio as a 16:9 widescreen film.

CDXL is limited to Amiga planar modes, the best you can get from it is either 256 unique colours per frame, or 4,096 colours all up for the whole animation. The existing CDXL players aren't even bug-free, and will still display graphical glitches onscreen while playing, I think it has to do with the palette swapping in 8bit mode, since it doesn't happen in 12bit mode.

If you'd like to check out the two clips, which I made to demonstrate that it's possible to create acceptable looking widescreen video on the CD32, I uploaded them a while ago to the EAB fileserver. They're just a short clip from the film "I Am Legend". They're in the /Misc/Vid directory on the fileserver.

Page generated in 0.04546 seconds with 11 queries