View Single Post
Old 03 August 2018, 21:16   #2484
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
What's your problem with bugs? You take it too bad They do exists, as well as betatester figures to find them (usually appreciated by devs as they do the dirty and annoying part of the work while devs can focus on development).
Important thing is to fix them (at least those harmful, hopefully) when found.
... I'm here to help us all having better software in the end, not to blame anyone, don't get me wrong when I report bugs
Forget it, that was just a short outbreak of emotions, no serious criticism against your bug reports. Feedback is always welcome.

Quote:
yep, must be a bug of Processicon because I just saved a brush PNG 256 colors from PPaint, and loaded the image through IconEdit. Then saved it as single image icon from IconEdit, and Processicon still reports the same wrong 2nd image data (??), so it's not a bug in pio_icon save format for PPaint and the icon is not buggy/corrupt.
Yes, there seems to be a bug in ProcessIcon, all the data of the non-existing 2. image was wrong.

Nevertheless, it could be possible that the Batman icon structure is also incorrect somewhere, but it would need more time to examine that in details. That's why I felt sooo happy with that bug. I've never seen before that RAWBInfo just deletes a CI image. It could be caused by my library by rejecting some data or by RAWBInfo internally complaining about something. But RAWBInfo did not even throw an Enforcer hit. So what exactly is going wrong here? Usually, the tools written by Stephan Rupprecht are working pretty good, but nobody is perfect. He has coded CopyIcon and RAWBInfo and Dirk Stoecker has written ProcessIcon.

PS. This Batman icon has only 1 image, the second image is a darker copy of the 1. image generated by icon.library. I think it's the best to start with checking my internal darkerPalMapCopy routine for possible bugs now.

Update: darkerPalMapCopy seems to be ok, IconEdit has never problems with it and RAWBInfo also works with other icons with 1 image only and uses darkerPalMapCopy too. But ProcessIcon never uses it and thus it gets an error code back when asking for the number of colors of the non-existing 2. image, but it seems to ignore that error code. I'm not in the mood to dig any deeper in the mud tonight. Btw, with icon.library 45.1 RAWBInfo reports "bad number" for the Batman icon.

Last edited by PeterK; 04 August 2018 at 12:36.

Page generated in 0.09191 seconds with 11 queries