View Single Post
Old 23 March 2009, 20:35   #15
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Even with the best videoscaler you won't get a good or nearly perfect image with a LCD display. Interpolated graphics, motion blur, no smooth scrolling etc. Anyway, some people wouldn't notice any difference. It's up to you.
I can only second that. I tried some stuff on an DVDO Iscan VP50 Pro, which is a scaler around the EUR 4.000,- price tag. Simply one of the most expensive scalers you can buy. It has very advanced algos and runs using an own OS on an FPGA custom made board. Scales everything up to 1920 x 1080...

Plain an simple: I've never seen something scaler better BUT a CRT monitor stills looks best if you want to play Amiga stuff.

So if you can, get a CRT or an LCD with a resolution that matches what the machine will output. Some displays have a slightly higher resolution and windowbox stuff, others have slightly less and can chop things of instead of scaling. 1:1 pixel mapping usually looks best.

50Hz converted to 60Hz will always look jerky.

If anyone can actually recommend something, please do. Still looking for a simple LCD that will hook up to my CDTV.

Page generated in 0.07673 seconds with 11 queries